place to buy 3rd party battery

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Kelly Grannell, Jan 22, 2007.

1. There is an online place where my company used to buy replacement dSLR batteries from. For the life of me, however, I can't remember the name. Can anybody help me? (I'm no longer with the company so I can't just go and find the invoices).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. gary

gary Member

3. I tried to google it too, but even after looking through 5 pages, I still can't find it. Funny thing is that online place is famous enough. Any other suggestions? Now it's no longer about the place to get the battery. It's more about "gosh darn what is that name?" kind of quest :p

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

ok personal preference of mine.... i NEVER buy a 3rd party battery. again, this is personal preference but i have read a lot of stories about people's cameras getting wrecked with off brand batteries that shorted out or leaked, etc. i am sure this would void the warranty as well as being potentially unsafe.

although they cost a little more, i prefer 1st party branded batteries every time.

5. FOUND IT!!!! It's called "Sterlingtek" ;D What a dummy I am!

Tim, although I agree with your view in general, my personal experience thus far have been the exact opposite. I had a Compaq laptop (about 6 years ago), an Asus laptop (5 years ago), Sony Vaio (a year ago) and a couple of camcorders from Sony (around 10 years ago) and their original batteries have failed due to overheating (resulting in short life, not caught-on-fire except for the Compaq laptop battery and one of the camcorder batteries). :eek:

So I'm weary about both batteries (OEM and 3rd party) :-\

6. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Geez, Kelly, you're the one who told me about Stirlingtek in teh first place!

I haven't ordered anything from them yet, though. Eventually I will probably get either a camera battery or maybe an extra charger.

7. yeah, I know. :-[ pathetic, huh!