Planning stage - WDW 2011

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by canadianman30, Jun 17, 2010.

1. canadianman30

canadianman30 Member

Hello all,

My wife and I are in the early stages of planning a WDW trip for March 2011.

This will be the second time we will take our son. He was 2 1/2 last time we took him. Next year he will be 4.

We will also be taking my wife mother. This will be her first trip.

If we take the Dinning package at least we will get meals for him to add to ours. :)

When is a good time to start booking hotel and airline tickets for a March 2011 trip?

Thank you
    Kevin

2. realfam

realfam Member

Hi Kevin,

Its never to soon to start planning. ; Rates and special packages I believe will not be available to the fall. ; (You can always get rack rate pricing for budget purposes).
    I'm not sure where your planning on flying from, but if it is Buffalo, you can start getting rates about 6-7 months out.
    Any idea where you wanna stay?

Alex

3. WDW Travel hasn't announced it's pricing for 2011 yet, but if there was a particular resort you had in mind, we could always put a room deposit down to secure the spot... but why not take the time to learn as much as you can, consider resorts, consider what you liked about the last time you went and how that went with wee one (who might no longer be napping ... but maybe location might still be key). ; Ask lots of questions from folks here, read message boards, check out blogs (like mine at www.sheila0gh.wordpress.com) . ; If you have specific queries, let me know.

Best,
    S

4. amw

amw Member

Disney prices for the next year are usually released in August ... specials won't be released until Fall, and last year they announced free dining for March at the beginnning of March. Doesn't help for the professional planners! ; ;) ; Definitely look into flights at the 6-7 month window.