PM 2016 - World Showcase

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Nov 17, 2016.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Here is the place to post your photos from our many walks through World Showcase during Pixelmania 2016.

2. ddindy

At this speed, you'd think this train would fly right off the track. It's moving so fast that you can't even see the siderods.

[​IMG]
    Heidelberg Express

3. ddindy

Hey, Pixelmaniacs: Should I be posting in the normal threads rather than creating new PM2016 threads like this?

4. ddindy

I'm surprised that Marc stood still long enough for me to take this photo. If you're a fan of Bodh'aktan, they'll be back in Epcot Jan. 4-22, followed by a return engagement of the house band, Alberta Bound.

[​IMG]
    Fiddling is Fun

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great panning shot

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Keep making the PM2016 threads. I'll add mine sometime between now and PM2017.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice shot of Marc! What was your shutter speed, 1/10,000th?

8. ddindy

This wasn't an official meet, but some of us took time the thank the Aztecs.

[​IMG]
    Bird and Man

Chernabog1940 likes this.
  9. ddindy

Bodh'aktan is back in Epcot, playing until January 22, 2016.

[​IMG]
    Welcome Back!

10. ddindy

I went searching for a beer. This looked like a promising spot, but there were no suds anywhere in sight.

[​IMG]
    Waiting for the Beer

Chernabog1940 likes this.
  11. ddindy

When I enter Epcot, the first thing I do is pick up and times guide and check to see which bands are playing. WIth their current revolving-door policy, you never know who will be there. For a time in 2016, you could hear Margret Almer yodeling along with her Bavarian Band.

[​IMG]
    She's No Ranger Doug...

12. gary

gary Member

she was still there as of the first week in december, and yes, while she is no ranger doug, some could consider her a little easier on the eyes

13. ddindy

She's gone now, replaced with a four-man band called Wies N Buam. Two accordians, guitar and tuba playing good old German beer-drinking music. After photographing their set, they asked if I could take some photos of them to use on Gesicht Buch or a web page or whatever. (If someone sees them real soon - @ExploringWDW - maybe you could ask the Snow White Photopass photographer to take a couple of shots for them, too.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  14. ddindy

Mexico is known for its many colorful animals, faithfully reproduced by these carvings.

[​IMG]
    Mexican Menagerie

Evad likes this.
  15. ddindy

16. mSummers

mSummers Member

Two Brothers:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love what you did here Michael

PolynesianMedic and mSummers like this.
  18. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks! I had processed it both ways and decided to play around with a gradient in a layer mask and liked the result.

PolynesianMedic likes this.
  19. ddindy

In all of your visits to the American Adventure, have you ever taken the time to notice the statues along the walls?

[​IMG]
    There It Is!

mSummers and Chernabog1940 like this.
  20. ddindy

mSummers likes this.