PM2013 - Magic Kingdom: Everything Else

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Justman1020, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Justman1020

Justman1020 Member

**This is a thread for posting any and all Magic Kingdom photos you have that are note from a specific Pixelmania meet or MVM Christmas Party**

Random magic kingdom photos. I will start with one of the castle and with one from haunted mansion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Re: Pm2k13 magic kingdom

Really neat lighting and colors on that castle and Partners shot - you can't even tell the Xmas lights are there. ; And a nice catch of the hitchhikers too!

3. Pops

Pops Member

Great shot of the Hitchhiking Ghosts, Justin. I was amazed how much quicker your 6D would focus in the dark than my 5DII.

While most PM attendees were at AK on Saturday I went to MK for the taping of the Christmas Parade.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Attached Files:

4. Pops

Pops Member

Two more from MK Christmas taping parade.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Attached Files:

5. zackiedawg

Nice ones Pops...that Cinderella shot is lovely - great light and pose.

Justin - I edited your topic to make this the 'official' Magic Kingdom thread for everything outside of the Christmas party or specific Pixelmania meets. ; Hope you don't mind.

6. zackiedawg

Re: PM2013 - Magic Kingdom: Crisp Morning Light

Some crisp morning light shots - anyone who knows me knows how rare this is...I actually got to the park at 9am, and had an hour to walk around in the morning light before the 10am Pixelmania kickoff meet. ; Here are some shots from that lovely morning light:

City Hall:

[​IMG]

Main Street dancers:

[​IMG]

Partners and castle:

[​IMG]

Castle and reflection:

[​IMG]

Liberty Square:

[​IMG]

Tom Sawyer Island:

[​IMG]

Frontierland across the river:

[​IMG]

Pecos Bill Cafe:
    [​IMG]

7. Pops

Pops Member

#6 Harpers Mill is my favorite. ; Nice deep color Justin.

8. zackiedawg

Thank you Pops. ; The color was pretty striking in the morning, I must say. ; But I'm still probably going to sleep in and miss it most of the time. ; ;)

Here are a few more 'general purpose' MK shots from that day:

Splash mountain:
    [​IMG]

Tortuga Tavern, our meeting spot:

[​IMG]

Main Street from the train station:

[​IMG]

Cindy's castle:

[​IMG]

Main Street Station, from the deck:

[​IMG]

Castle with pyrotechnics and reflection:

[​IMG]

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Great shots all around... I was trying to figure out how you got that great shot of the train station until I realized that there is that center inside stairwell that has fencing around it.

Here are a few of my favorites from MK day...

Minnie at the Hub...
    [​IMG]

Partners HDR.
    [​IMG]

Dapper Dans.
    [​IMG]

The Beast's Forest...
    [​IMG]

Couldn't help myself... It was either this or hang out with the guys on the boat.
    [​IMG]

FYI... With Fastpass+ I was in and out of the meet-n-greet with both Rapunzel and Snow White in 15 minutes (standby line stated 90).

Sent from my iPad

10. zackiedawg

Ah, you got the Dans! ; I missed a shot of them - saw them singing but was too far away and working my way down Main Street. ; And yes on the Main Street shot - we were taking photos from the 2nd deck down Main Street, and when I turned around, I thought that was a neat looking shot for the ultrawide lens.

I'd say you made a bad decision not to hang with the guys on the boat...but I'd be lying...you chose well, my son. ; ;)

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

After Pixelmania day in AK, I ended up over at MK for some night photography. ; The parade taping left us a gift...no flagpole, no Christmas tree and no wreaths.

[​IMG]

12. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

A gift with a small window.....nice one- thanks for sharing.

13. zackiedawg

Some late afternoon shots walking through new Fantasyland:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Lots of great photos here everyone! Garry, looks like braving the Christmas Parade taping paid off for you. Some day I'll check it out...

I planned the composition of this photo months before leaving for this trip using a program called The Photographer's Ephemeris. When I got to the Magic Kingdom I was able to walk right to the place in the rose garden pathway where I took this photo. Although I fired off a bracketed set for HDR, I ended up using only a single exposure with some Lightroom editing. One thing I didn't plan was having a hawk land on top to the arch as I took the photo. And honestly, after staring thru the viewfinder into the sun for several seconds getting it lined up right how I wanted, I never even saw the hawk. It was a nice surprise when we got home and I got the photos on the computer!

[​IMG]
    TOMORROWLAND by Dave Kliment | ExploringWDW, on Flickr

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Great planning, Dave! ; Now, don't be shy, we know you paid off the hawk. ; ;)

16. ELinder

ELinder Member

Cool idea! If his wings were level with the tilt of the dome he would look like he was part of the structure.

Erich

17. zackiedawg

The photo is a great idea, and the backlight very cool - the hawk is a great happy accident!

18. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Thanks all! Love it when a plan comes together!

19. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I just missed the boat for the Liberty Belle cruise, so I decided to take a close look at the 3:00 parade.

[​IMG]
    Depth-of-field check

20. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

You hit that one on the nose....yuck yuck-- couldnt resist...