PM2013: MVMCP Fireworks / Top of the World Lounge (Alt. Location)

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by RedOctober25, Dec 7, 2013.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The main meet for the Christmas Party Fireworks was right down the middle of Main Street. ; However, a few of us who did not attend the Christmas Party met at the TotWL to shoot the Party fireworks. ; We had drinks, appetizers and great conversation prior to the show. ; A small group from Reunion joined us as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Starting a thread for the meet, add your own favorite shots as you see fit...

Sent from my iPad

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I was set up to focus on the castle and the background shells, so I missed out on the full set of perimeter bursts.

[​IMG]
    Holiday perimeter

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Looks like a good gathering. ; I skipped the roof view this year, mostly because I did it last Pixelmania and again in September while I stayed at BLT...didn't do the XMas party either - I just went on a tour of some of the hotels for fun that night.

4. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

First off, Thanks Red for getting us up here!

I ended up nearly blowing out most of my photos. RAW to the rescue!

[​IMG]
    Fireworks Friday by Dave Kliment, on Flickr

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

You'd think being way up on the roof that a normal focal would be fine - but to catch all those high bursts over Space Mountain plus the castle, ya gotta go wide! ; Perfect catch, Dave.

6. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Thanks Justin. Even at 18mm on a DX Nikon the finale barely fits in the frame. The holiday tag fireworks at WDW are definitely over the top.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice stuff! ; I hope to try this again next summer with regular Wishes (assuming they keep the rule that any member staying on points can use the lounge).

8. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

9. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Not sure what happened with the burst on the right. Maybe I just caught the end of it to make it look like it does. They are certainly massive if you scale it to the castle!

[​IMG]
    Holiday Wishes! by Dave Kliment | ExploringWDW, on Flickr

10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

No fireworks, but a nice view of the Castle, Astro Orbiter and Splash Mountain.

[​IMG]
    'Tis the season

Chernabog1940 likes this.