PM2016 Universal Poll

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by mSummers, Jan 30, 2016.

?

Are you interested in a trip to Universal during Pixelmania 2016?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2016.
  1. Universal? Why would I want to go there?!?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Interested only if the group goes before Pixelmania on Wednesday

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Interested only if the group goes after Pixelmania on Monday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Interested only if the group goes during Pixelmania (Thurs-Sun)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't care when Universal is scheduled, I'm going.

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. So I'm thinking that I will definitely be available to go to Universal on Wednesday October 19th.

Now I have to decide if I am going to the Halloween party on Tuesday Oct. 18th or if I am planning on going to MNSSHP on Tuesday Oct. 25th. (These are my extra Halloween party days aside from Pixelmania's Halloween party date.)

Is anybody interested in going to Universal on Tuesday Oct. 18th?

How about Monday October 24 at Universal

I am also up for possibly a Wednesday Oct 26th Universal date ...

Also, just to make it clear these are not official Pixelmania meets, just personal who is going/who wants to go.

Even though Disney has not officially announced the dates for the Halloween party I'm just projected the supposed days onto this years calendar.

~Joanie

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Universal is possible for me on Tuesday October 18 and Monday October 24th along with the official Wednesday 19.

3. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I would like to go to Universal:

Tuesday October 18,
    Wednesday October 19 - the official meet day
    Monday October 24

What days are the rest of you planning to go?

4. I am for sure going Wednesday the 19th, Monday the 24th and Tuesday the 25th.
    ~Joanie

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

As long as the planets align, I will be going to Uni on the 14th and 15th with a college classmate that is coming down for the weekend. I also plan on going on our "official" day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Park hours update: It appears that the park hours for Pixelmania week (as of mid-July) follow this pattern:

On HHN days (Wed - Sun): Universal Studios 8 am - 5 pm, Islands of Adventure 9 am - 8 pm.

On non-HHN days (Mon - Tue): Universal Studios 8 am - 8 pm, Islands of Adventure 9 am - 7 pm.

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That will probably work out for the best since we'd be heading over to the River Roost for Bob's show that Wednesday evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. That's really helpful Dennis. Thanks for filling us in.
    ~Joanie

9. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

10. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I would really like to go to Universal on Tuesday the 18th, but will need a ride. Who is planning to go that day and would be willing to give me a ride? I will be staying at AKL Jambo House.

11. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Sorry, Jackie, but I don't arrive until the afternoon of the 18th and I'm going straight to MNSSHP.

12. gary

gary Member

I don't think any of us are going to universal that day, michael and i are both going to the party that night, i plan on a resting poolside afternoon until party time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Roger likes this.
  13. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Thanks, guys. At this point I am not sure if I will go to Universal or not. I want to go for at least 3 days. It is not worth it to go for only 2 days. I thought some were going Tuesday also.

14. gary

gary Member

Well michael and i are going 15, 16, and probably 17

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

15. mSummers

mSummers Member

Isn't that 15, 17 and probably 16? The 17th is the night Universal Studios is open late.

16. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I arrive on Monday the 17th.

17. I'll also be at the Halloween party on Tuesday the 18. I'm not sure if my girlfriends are going to want to hang out with me as I save my spot for the various shows. I'm thinking of snagging a spot between the partners statue and the castle stage.

On Friday night I think I will shoot the parade from the traditional main street spot looking down towards the castle. I can't wait to see/shoot the hocus pocus themed castle stage show.

~Joanie

18. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Since I may not see anyone before the Wed. 10/19 Universal meet who would be willing to pick me up at AKL Jambo House that morning??? I would love to know I have a ride lined up. :)

I have my pass. I would also like to go Tues. 10/18 (if anyone is going that day) and Mon 10/24 with Tues 10/25 a possibly. Have to see how tired I am by Tues.

19. Hi Jackie,
    I won't have a car but I am staying at Pop century and if we can't find rides FOR THE WEDNESDAY TRIP TO UNIVERSAL (not Tuesday the 18th) I can come and get you at Animal kingdom in an Uber. You're staying at Animal kingdom, right?

I was wondering if you were still interested in going with me and my group to Kona for dinner at 6:30pm on Tuesday October 18th or if you were going to try for the possible DVC rivers of light preview that may, or may not be happening.

Let me know what you are thinking.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  20. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

What is this about a possible DVC Rivers of Light preview and when?