Post your silly Mousefest 2008 pictures here

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

One to kick if off... good old Grumpwurst - my brother from another mother.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Deniz

Deniz Member

Not silly per se, but for those of you who weren't down at Mousefest, this was what we looked like most of the time.
    [attachment=1]

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

3. Paul

Paul Member

Not one of the TMIP group, but this guy was getting into it!

4. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

8)

That is too cool...

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Those are some great photo's! Thanks all for posting! Tim, that is a great shot of Grumpwurst!

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, this is where these belong. :D

Tim excited about his WDWRadio pin at Mousefest 101.

[​IMG]

New Nikon D300 owner Ray (Grumpwurst) chimping a shot.

[​IMG]

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

A couple of Princesses modeling the latest in Princess "slippers".

[​IMG]

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Looks like Scott got a picture of me before the trip to the Mainstreet Barber Shop

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Only pulled a few candids myself - during the Epcot night meet, I whipped out the 50 F1.7 for some ISO1600 handheld night shots:

Here's Gary, attempting to collapse a tripod:

[​IMG]

Our fearless leader, ed-a-mu-cating the group on how to do night shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

During the walkaround at Epcot, I snuck a few candids of Mike Kuhlman while he was shooting his own night shots:

This is at ISO800, 1/2 second exposure - the background lights looked cool:

[​IMG]

This is actually a tripod-mounted, 20-second exposure with lots of people walking by me, with Mike down the sidewalk in the distance doing the same thing...most passerby have disappeared in the long exposure, and it shows just how still Mike was being for at least the 20 seconds I shot for!:

[​IMG]

And this one's not TMIP...but I couldn't help snapping a shot of this cute Chinese girl dressed in Disney spirit, Minnie-mouse style (even the nails!):

[​IMG]

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I really need to try and make it to mousefest next year. This looks like it was so much fun!

11. zackiedawg

Definitely - it's a great time had by all...and a generally great time to be up at Disney anyway, even for those in-between Mousefest moments.

12. Yeah I saw Mike frequently like that too. If that was by Germany I was just beyond your shot in front of the fence.

13. zackiedawg

Yes you were! When we had the breaktime in the Epcot walkaround, most ran for food - but 3 or 4 of us lingered to keep taking photos. I ran into Tim & Gary and a few others filled with Chinese food around Norway/Mexico, walking towards the gateway for the continuation of the meet. Twas a beautiful night for night photos...nice and cool!

14. You guys got all the good spots but I did want to try the Germany shot for myself. Heres my best shot

[​IMG]

Its about a 6 second exposure which shows you how SLOW those EVacs go! I did some longer exposures but the colors werent as nice.

15. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I missed all the events, but here I bumped into Tim doing a little work at the MK.

16. Tim

oh the celebrity photo shoot? nice grab, craig!

17. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Click on any of these pics to open the full-size version in another window:

Tim already posted this one in another thread, but it belongs here, too:
    [​IMG]

Some of my Tagrel friends doing that crazy peace sign thing that Japanese girls always do in pics:
    [​IMG]

The Cast Member's perspective of the Dole Whip Meet:
    [​IMG]

Tim showing the PROPER way to hold and use an SLR camera:
    [​IMG]

So, you spent a bloody fortune on airfare, lodging, food, and park tickets to bring your kids to Disney World, and they wind up playing in the DIRT?!
    [​IMG]

Annette looks skeptical of something Mike is saying:
    [​IMG]

Luke's view in Episode V:
    [​IMG]

Playing ring toss with Dad:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry, Lisa, I didn't realize the camera was loaded!
    It's called a Dutch Tilt. I learned it from watching re-runs of Batman.
    [​IMG]

Having a ball at the MegaMeet:
    [​IMG]

Dave shows how to duck your head in the U.K.:
    [​IMG]

Mike's hair was somewhat unusual this year:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

These ducks walked the railing behind the girl for several minutes, and she had NO IDEA that they were there:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

It's the fabulous GENIE OF THE LAMP! [applause]
    [​IMG]

There was nobody around to make this seahorse shoot water, so I had to do it with my foot. The shot may not look silly, but I sure did while taking it:
    [​IMG]

Click on any of these pics to open the full-size version in another window:

18. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Great shots Will!

Thank you so much for sharing them~

19. Tim

Ray the Twitter-er

We might have all been high on Kona Coffee and Tonga Toast at this point...
    [attachment=1]

20. zackiedawg

Is that Ray's iPhone or is he holding yours, Tim? BTW, you just about gave me a heart attack during the Epcot xmas lights meet when your phone rang and you passed it off to Ray since you were in the middle of the meet - by way of 'hail Mary' pass from 10-feet away! Good on you Ray for catching it - but I just don't do flying electronics, and get a little queasy even watching it. Especially after hearing the sickening sound of Mike's camera smacking pavement that morning at Epcot in line at Energy (the Canon seems to have made it through OK, save a chipped memory card door - but the 18-55 lens was toast...which is why Mike was shooting the rest of the day with his 70-300).

I'm using a 7-year old Nokia cellphone and wouldn't even drop it on a carpet...and Tim's hurling the latest technology powerhouse through the air at night! How much do you get paid anyway? ;)