POTD - Vinylmation!

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by jbwolffiv, Oct 13, 2010.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

About a year and a half ago, my daughter and I got "roped" into collecting these figures. ; So 18 months later we have way to many to count (I would rather not since they cost $10 a piece!) ; Any one else collecting these? ; I thought it would be fun to post some shots of ours. ; Here is my favorite from a lost attraction, anyone remember this guy?

Attached Files:

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Attached Files:

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

A friend got me semi-hooked on these as well. ; Luckily, as they have become more popular, stores are ; now carrying "trade bins" in case you get multiples. ; (bought 2 boxes on 2 separate days and got the same 2 figures...) ; I will have to start photographing some of my favorites now...

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

We used those trade bins very often this summer, was a great way to get ones that we didn't have and not have to purchase new ones, just traded doubles of ours! ; Love to see some of yours!

Attached Files:

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Here is the back side of the previous one.

Attached Files:

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Attached Files:

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Tried to get creative with the background but think the lighting was bad... ; anyway, here are a few of mine.

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

[​IMG]

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

[​IMG]

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

[​IMG]

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice, the EPCOT one is one of my daughters favorite (mine too)! ; Like the Herbie background.

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Yeah, a friend is buying certain sets by the case, pulling out a complete set with chasers, then selling the rest on eBay. ; Have not gotten THAT into them. ; Anyway, Herbie and the Castle were the doubles I pulled after buying 2 on day 1 and buying 2 on day 4 of trip. ; Was very surprised at that. ; But will definitely be buying a few at PM2K10.

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have not gotten to the point that I need to order the complete set. ; I enjoy the "hunt" with buying them while in the parks. ; Plus it is fun to do the trading, but my daughter gets frustrated when she gets one of the "Cutesters." ; She hates that series and the blind trading boxes seem to be loaded with them.

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Burger anyone?

Attached Files:

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Wait, so when you trade with the shop's bin it is a blind draw? ; I call foul! ; Do some trading and collecting on the cruise ships. ; Last October when I was there they let you see what you were trading for. ; There was one that I kept the one I didn't necessarily want just because the trade bin had nothing better. ; Guess I will have to wait and see the process in person (and take tons of photos in the store for my vinylphillic friend).

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

You are correct. ; There are both "blind trading" and then a trade that you know what you are getting. ; The choice is yours. ; The blind box has 24 vinylmation and you choose a number. ; You do not have to take it if you dont like it. ; Some cast members will even look to see if there is one you might be looking for, but I suspect that is more often with kids. ; The other trading box if clear with 3 in it and you simply just trade for one in the box. ; It was fun to stop in many stores just to see what was in the clear box.

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So blind trade, there is are a number of possibilities (with the option to refuse the trade once seen). ; And with the clear box, it is whatever VM is in the box at that time. ; Man, you are really taking your chances with those options. ; Hopefully as this picks up there will be more traders in the Pin Trading tables at DTD and EPCOT trading these. ; I did trade once on my March trip this past year. ; The trader only had three VMs (but one that a friend wanted me to keep an eye out for) and was willing to trade for any VM that he didn't already have. ; So I just had to make a quick trip to Mousegear to pick up one box and the trade was a go. ; Again, can't wait to get down there.

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

The nice thing is most CM's will let you try the blind box twice. ; I was just happy that I had a easier outlet to unload the doubles we had. ; My daughter loves it!

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member