RIP Kingdom Camera Rentals

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by ddindy, Sep 2, 2015.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I wanted to rent a lens from Kingdom Camera Rentals for my upcoming trip and was disappointed to see this announcement on their home page:

"We'll soon be wrapping up operations at Kingdom Camera Rentals. We will no longer be accepting new orders as of 08.01.15, but we will be fulfilling all orders that have already been placed. Ron will call you a few days before your arrival to schedule a precise delivery time and if you have any questions please call us at 855-KCR-8555. Unfortunately the I-4 traffic is more than we can bear and continues to get worse daily with the I-4 Expansion project. You have been the BEST CUSTOMERS we could have hoped for and we will miss you!! If you live close to Disney and are interested in purchasing KCR, please give us a call. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS! Ron and Lenise"​

Anyone interested in a business opportunity? You'll have to move to the greater WDW area, unfortunately.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow! I was considering renting one as well. That is too bad!

3. I was told that if you give 'em a call and you're needing a rental before the end of 2015, they would be able to work something out with you. It may involve you picking up the lens, though.

Such great service and sweet folks. I've rented from them twice and had the greatest of experiences.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Sad to see them close the business. Ron and Lenise are wonderful people.

If anyone is planning to call to see if they can rent something during Pixelmania, I would suggest trying to coordinate drop offs and pickups so Ron doesn't have to make a bunch of trips.

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

that's a shame. I've rented twice from them, once was LAST minute, and both times have had great service!
    Thanks lenise!