SD Card Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by RedOctober25, Mar 5, 2013.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

How hard or easy is it to recover data from an unregonizable SD card. ; I was deleting photos from the card by using he camera and after the delete it said the card was unrecognizable and I needed to ormat the card. ; It is also not recognized by the ipad, but I assume it uses the same recognition as a camera and a computer is able to see the card a different way. ; Does anyone have any suggestions on a program to use to try and recover data? ; I am using a macbook.

Any tips/ help/ suggestions are greatly appreciated (will lose a days worth of shots otherwise).

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Red, there are a few software packages out there that can try to recover your data. ; In the old days they included a copy with the memory cards. Mostly the professional models.

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I have a whole stack of recovery software coupons from SanDisk. ; I'll PM you the secret code.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

It's not hard, just time consuming. ; What Dennis said.

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I figured it was much easier with Flash Memory than that of my previously crashed Hard Drives...

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

I had that happen once. As soon as I tried it on an actual computer, not the iPad, it was recognized and I could copy the files off it. Reformatted it on the PC, then again in the camera, and I was good to go.

Erich

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Got home today, popped the card into the MacBook... Pulled up all but the final 15 photos (the corrupt ones)... ; And Data Recovery Software was able to pull those up. ; Thanks for the help/info everyone.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Glad that worked out for ya.