Sony announces the PartyShot base: will take pics of you for you, find Sarah C.

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Roger, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... eaturesTab

Apparently you put your P&S in this base, and it will scan the room looking for faces to take pics of, compose the shot using the rule of thirds, focus on the faces, and fire away.

Not sure if it communicates with the closest T-1000 if it finds Sarah Connor.....

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

what will they think of next?

3. Roger

A flying version that will follow you on vacation. ; Want a pic of the family in front of the castle? ; Just use your mind powers to tell the device by getting together and looking at the camera. ; It will then compose, shoot and send a backup copy to an online picture storage place, place an order for prints, and post it to your favorite Social Networking Site. ; Additionally it will autotranscribe your TripReportâ„¢ to your eReader.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I can see it now...

The World's Laziest Wedding Photographer. ; Buys a Party Shot, sticks it on a tripod in the aisle for the ceremony, then heads outside for a ciggie and a beer.

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Roger, you best patent these ideas or you'll lose out on the royalities!

Hey, you know...that's not a bad idea. ; ;D

6. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Amazing Technology. I'd like to see what they would come up with if we put Roger & Justin scheming ideas together. ;)

7. Roger

Re: Sony announces the PartyShot base: will take pics of you for you, find Sara

Actually, you could do this right now. ; Just put one of those party bases on that flying saucer blimp RC things....

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'll bet these things are a whole lot cheaper than all the thermal satellites, predator drones, and Globalstar pilotless planes we have hunting around for Bin Laden. ; Maybe we should just buy a few thousand of these for the military and set them up all over the Afghanistan hills...let these things find Bin Laden for us.

Though if it only takes a photo when the subject smiles...we may have to put a little 'death to America' sign on top or something, so when he comes upon it, he laughs.

With Roger's flying UFO blimp mounts, that makes for a pretty cheap spy plane!

9. Dan

Dan Member

I so want to make fun of this.. and yet... ; I like it. ; I love the idea of putting one of these down in the middle of a party and letting it go. ; Then at the end of the night, or if it's a particularly good party on the next morning, you take the memory card out and see what it captured.

Why do I picture people painting smiley faces on their body parts (that doesn't have to be racy, it could just be on a guy's chest or on an arm or something) to see if the camera recognizes it as a face?

I predict that this will be a whole new source of photobombs. ; Eh.. just google that phrase, "photobomb", you'll find what I'm referring to. ; Some of the pictures they post can be a little non-family friendly, so I'm not linking directly to it here.

10. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

They may not be family friendly but some are pretty funny if you have the mental maturity of a 12 year old....which I sometimes have