Sorcerer Mickey Hat

Discussion in 'The Magic In Pixels.com Featured Content' started by Tim, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    THE PICTURE OF THE DAY, 4/29/2014 “Sorcerer Mickey Hat” The Sorcerer Mickey Hat (AKA The Big A** Hat) from Disney’s Hollywood Studios is one of those divisive elements in Walt Disney World that nearly everyone has an opinion about. Personally, I very much like the hat, although for full disclosure I should say that I […]

The post Sorcerer Mickey Hat appeared first on The Magic in Pixels.

Continue reading...

2. trenchant

trenchant Member

The Mickey Hat is one of the most iconic features of the Disney park, in my opinion.
    In addition, the landmark is certainly useful for finding your way around the park!
    I wouldn't gotten lost numerous times if I didn't have the hat to align myself with.

3. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

I remember watching the first and original Fantasia and always seeing Mickey with the hat that he took from the Sorcerer. Even before the VHS Disney Classic movies, you'd have Mickey with the hat and a magical lamp presenting the film. I always found myself correlating Mickey and that hat together ever since. But unfortunately, it seems that Disney hasn't necessarily kept up with the appearance and have, instead, updated Mickey into something more modern. But when I've bought a younger cousin of mine a hat and said that it's Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat, she was utterly confused why he would wear a hat that looks like that.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with the younger children who aren't properly exposed to Disney the way we were?

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

As I previously stated, I know the Hat is a divisive and controversial icon that a lot of people want removed but I really like it.

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

You and me both @Tim

6. Colene

Colene Member

I love this hat! Fantasia is still one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. I love watching it with the kids, because no matter how young they are, they get entranced by the music and story. Such a great movie. Modern movies can't even compare. I wish I could take my almost 2 year old to Disneyland. She's never been.

7. 00003

00003 Member

Wow! No words I could say else. This is stunning! I keep looking at it. I scrutinize every detail and it just keeps on getting more beautiful each look. Very hypnotizing. Disney architectures are among the best and most appealing.

firelily99 likes this.
  8. firelily99

firelily99 Member

Fantastic hat, I had a big "wow" when I saw that! It is very hypnotizing 00003, hard to take my eyes off of it!

9. BabyCheetah

BabyCheetah Member

I personally really love the hat but I grew up watching Fantasia as well so it's really something that is sentimental to me and a part of my childhood. I don't think the hat should ever be taken away but I'm a person thatcan adapt to some changes but not major ones like this.
    The photo itself though is absolutely stunning :)