Spectacle of Dancing lights

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by RedOctober25, Dec 1, 2010.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Does this close often?[​IMG]

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

News to me. ;

(from my htc incredible)

3. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Ouch- looks like a quiet night at DHS

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Maybe it is only today...

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Hanukkah.

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Talked to a Cast Member and she stated that today was halfway thru the run so they turn them off for a night to run maintenance on them. ; So they will be back up tomorrow. ; I had just figured a bulb blew out and they had to check every one to find out which one it was.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

LOL!! ; Maybe the CM told you that and what you figured about the bulbs is the real story!

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Could you imagine being the guy that had to go through each string looking for the one bulb that blew out?! ; Thank goodness for LED lights.

10. Is that for real? I thought I heard there was a private event being held at DHS tonight and thats why they arent being shown.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I would think that any private showing would be after hours and therefore not affect any nightly showing (since the park closed at 7pm anyway). ; I think that the Meets going on outside PM2K10 have a night where they have an after hours Hors-de-ouvers and Osborne show. ; Anyway, as long as they are back up by saturday I wont fret over it.

12. gary

gary Member

a cm told me today that they are going to be inserting green nights into the osborne lights, until there are 365 of them, very much like the new green technology now being used on the lights of winter arches

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

wait, isn't the energy saving version of the arches just not having them? ; I guess they save some "green" by turning off the lights one night a year? ; :D

14. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Disney Operations needs to have a chat with Disney Marketing. ; They still show the arches in the DME video that tries to get you to start planning your next Disney vacation......