Spectacular Scenes Surround Epcot Audiences In Canadian Film

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Northern Sorcerer Mickey, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Walt Disney World guests get a
    glimpse of today's Canada in a newly enhanced 14-minute motion picture presented in Circle-Vision 360 as a major feature of the Canada pavillion in Epcot World Showcase.

; ; Titled "O Canada!," the film includes spectacular scenes that highlight Canada's natural beauty, cosmopolitan cities and diverse people who call Canada home. In addition to new, updated scenes, the film is hosted by Canadian actor Martin Short, who lends his own personal charm, warmth and wit to give this Epcot film a distinctive and authentic flair. Short grew up in Hamilton, Ontario and in his narration, he speaks as a true Canadian "who loves Canada."

; ; Walt Disney Imagineers collaborated with the Canadian Tourism Commission to update the film, including new orchestration and images. The 2006 Canadian Idol winner Eva Avila sings 'Canada, You're a Lifetime Journey', the music of O Canada!. "Our goal was to strike the right balance between the vibrant cosmopolitan cities and the natural beauty that characterize Canada," according to Imagineer David Katzman, who led the film's production. "We look forward to showcasing all its beauty and splendour to guests visiting the
    Canada pavillion at Epcot". Circle-Vision 360 is a film technique that uses nine cameras for projection onto nine large screens arranged in a circle usually above head level. By using an odd number of screens, and a small space between them, a projector may be placed in each gap, projecting across the space to a screen.

; ; The motion picture takes guests from the far eastern shores of New Brunswick's Bay of Fundy by railroad, to the western beauty and tranquility of Butchart Gardens in British Columbia. Canada's natural beauty is majestically displayed throughout the film, including new and classic scenes from the 800-year-old redwood trees of Cathedral Grove to astounding splendour of Horseshoe Falls to the snowy Mountains of Kananaskis Valley.

; ; Coordinating and collecting new aerial footage required Disney Imagineers to study the weather patterns to pinpoint the best windows of opportunity for shooting. "We filmed at Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Niagara Falls with one day to plan and one day to shoot at each location," said Imagineering line producer, Linda Folsom. "We got lucky - we only had one day of rain and plenty of sunshine."

Source: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c8008.html

2. highland3

highland3 Member

Cool! ; ;D

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Really anxious to see this new film. ; I was almost embarassed to even watch the last one. ; The next time I see it maybe I will actually want to say, yes...that is what Canada is like! ;D

4. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I too am excited about seeing this I enjoy the current one although I agree with Minnie there are some parts I hang my head an wonder what were they thinking, but after 25 years things change.

5. WDW Donna

WDW Donna Member

I think Martin Short is an excellent choice! ; I can't wait to see it.....EH!