Stroller cam

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by PolynesianMedic, Apr 4, 2012.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Tim's new toy, sorry about the silly angle, I couldn't turn it from my phone.

[attachimg=1]

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. ELinder

ELinder Member

Are those Manfrotto arms new? I've seen them mentioned in a few places over the last month or so.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I don't think so, Erich. ; They used to be used for holding flashes, lighting rigs, etc. but the one I got has a RC2 connector on the head. ; Only problem is I can't get the clamp tight enough to not spin around the round bars on my stroller, no matter how tight I crank it down. ; I might try some sort of rubber gasket, like a jar opener between the clamp and the pipes to try to add more friction.

It might just be an issue of surface area, as the tubing on the stroller isn't that wide in diameter, so something to increase the relative size might do the trick.

4. Tim

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Not new but updated. ; Going to find a lot of uses for mine. ; I believe the Disney Dream has many places to attach this to for some unique photos.

6. PolynesianMedic

Just had to throw that in there about the cruise you are going on, didn't you. ;) LOL! ; I can't wait to see the photos you bring back.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Sorry about that. ; If I give you the money for the park, will you come and photograph the Dream leaving that day? ; I'll get on the deck and wave to you. ; :D

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Your idea has me wondering if I need this before my cruise this summer, let us know how you do with that!

9. Tim

UPDATE:
    The Manfrotto Super Clamp and the Manfrotto Nano Clamp both worked just fine. ; I had ordered the Impact Super Clamp and it just wasn't good enough. ;

10. HPS3

HPS3 Member

Tim, I've used our stroller as many things but ever thought to use it as a camerapod. That's a pretty cool contraption. Have you had any experience with a gorilla pod?

11. Tim

I have the gorillpod SLR and hardly ever use it. ; I think I have used it once or twice, tops.

12. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Same here, LOL.

13. PolynesianMedic

Scott, it would all depend on my work schedules as to whether or not I am able to get over there that morning.

14. mSummers

mSummers Member

That's an awesome idea! ; I'm going to have to think about getting one of these for a railroad shot I've always wanted to try, but didn't have a good way to secure the camera for...

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Micheal, check out a blog I wrote about using this setup from the trip to Washington. ; Thinking you have been to Hazy and this will give you some idea how great this setup is.

http://viewsinfinitum.com/2012/04/20/no ... -problems/

16. mSummers

mSummers Member

I never thought of using it for stuff like that! ; I was there years ago and shot it hand held with 200ISO film and only got a handful of keepers. ; Might be time to visit it again after everything is back in its place from the Discovery move.

17. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

That's awesome Tim!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. ELinder

ELinder Member

I've been looking at this setup again, but have a question. How is the little ball adjusted onto which the camera is mounted and how stable is it? Compared to tripod ball heads it's tiny and I don't see any friction or position lock knobs.

Erich