Tamron Wide Angle Zoom?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by jbwolffiv, May 6, 2011.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

My wife told me I could buy a new lens if she could get a few tops, so I am jumping at it!! ; I was thinking of the Tamron SP AF 10-24mm f / 3.5-4.5 DI II Zoom Lens. ; Right now B&H has a $50 mail in rebate so it come to $449. ; I have a Nikon D7000 and was wondering if anyone has this lens? ; If so what do you think? ;

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I don't have the lens, but there's a review on DPReview.com. ; I'm considering a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 myself.

3. HW

HW Member

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks so much! ; That is a lot of information for the lens. ; A lot of which I dont really understand.

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I've had this lens for a few years now, and absolutely love it - it gets quite a workout, including lots of Disney work, of course! ; UWAs are very fun lenses, and this one is quite a good one - acceptably fast, sharp in the center even wide open, very sharp stopped down, excellent distortion control, and nearly impervious flare control. ; My entire gallery of shots from this lens here, for some idea of the versatility and output potential:

http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg/tamron_ ... s&page=all

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Glad to hear you love it! ; Your shots are great, I got lost for a while looking at them!