The battle is over

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by mainstreet1997, May 17, 2008.

1. So I took your guys' advice and went to Circuit City and handled both cameras. I really liked the Nikon D60s quality but I had been leaning towards Canon since I already take pictures with the A630. Well turns out I ended up getting a Rebel XTI (cant afford the XSI) because the weight of the D60 with the lens on it nearly broke my wrist! Couldnt imagine carrying that around the parks all day!

Of course unfortunately I just got back from Disney last week. Oh well -- 23 more weeks and Ill be there again!

Thanks for the advice!
    Katie

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Congrats Katie!

Now starts the fun of collecting CF cards and lenses!

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

awesome for you, katie. welcome to the world of heavy backpacks!

4. LOL Thanks Tim! The heavy backpack is normal for me! Im a teacher and I have this habit of filling my bag up with books to read to the kids and all of my lesson plan stuff. Dragging my laptop, camera, Nintendo DS and ipod was no light trip down to Orlando either :p. Unfortunately the Xti didnt even come with a 16 MB CF card (and I dont have one) so I cant practice until I go to Target later today to get one. So far my one complaint about the Xti!

5. [​IMG]

The christening picture. Well one of them anyway. She kept looking away or walking away. Finally I was like "Bailey sit still for one second!" Ah, animals. Sorry it couldnt be more interesting but its gray and yuck outside -- not very condusive to testing out my camera. Doesnt the green carpet in my sun room make a great background, though?

6. Tim

Now you sound just like my wife (spec. ed. kindergarten)

7. Wow, kudos to your wife. I teach regular general ed Pre-K and thats ahrd enough. But there are some days I do think my kids are special :p

8. Tim

she has the patience of a saint... and the 'fellas all consider me her walking thesis!

9. LOL. Ill bet people ask her the same question people ask me. "Why do you go on vacation where there are millions of children? Dont you want to get away from them?"

I tell them "Im not responsible for any of them, and none of them know my name!!!" ;D

10. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Tim's wife is the best and like my wife has a seemingly bottomless supply of patience.

11. Tim

thanks, dude... much appreciated.

12. nrose101

nrose101 Member

Having my own dilemma just ordered a Cannon xsi but thinking about getting the D40 with the extra lens for 200 bucks more....Any help on which I should get?

13. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I'd say Nikon but that's because I still a metallic taste in my mouth from the Edsel. Heck even a Newsweek photographer got one at the Olympics!

14. Tim

the rebel is a lot of camera for the price. i think you made a good choice; you might need a personal photo lesson in the parks at the end of the year!

15. nrose101

nrose101 Member

Yeah I think I definitely will or else I might be green boxing it for a while! :'(

16. Tim

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

17. nrose101

nrose101 Member

18. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Turn the dial away from the green box, slowly, that's it, there you go, now . . . ;)