The hidden things in Canon's announcements.

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Roger, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Other than how to plant a forest to replace the paper to print all of their releases today.

They're introducing DPP 3.2, which will include a: "new Lens Aberration Correction Function that corrects various image defects such as chromatic aberration, color blur, vignetting and distortion. Initially, the Lens Aberration Correction Function will support images captured by the EOS-1Ds Mark III and 11 other EOS Digital SLRs using any of 29 individual EF and EF-S lenses"

Source: http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedata/p ... dsmk3.html

Which 11? And which 29? And do I even need a 3rd party processor anymore? Maybe I should try DPP again.

And the other odd tidbit.

The 1DsMkIII maxes out at 3200. No 6400. Obviously it's designed for studio work, with a max burst of 12 RAW...the 40D has 17. (same as 5D, but 3fps has something to do with that). 30D had 11.

Methinks that the 5Dn will be there for the gap in ISOs with a FF sensor. Probably still 3fps, maybe 4. I think they may be waiting to see what Nikon and Sony do first. If they move the 1DMkIII sensor up to FF, it's 16.2 mp. But if they keep the 5D at 12 mp, add the new microlenses....you may have a 12mp high ISO sensor with 6400 or even 12800!

Even so the new 5D will still have a print button. Gotta print those new picture styles somehow! Especially since more people use RAW and darn it....most home printers can't figure those RAW files out... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014