The UPS Truck brought me a present yesterday!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by jbwolffiv, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I decided to get myself a new body and went with the Nikon D7000. ; I can only imagine what great capabilities it will have over my D40x. ; I will say that I am a little overwhelmed with it since it if far more advanced than my D40x. ; I guess I have to dive into the manual and maybe get a book on it since there are many things in the menu etc. that I have know idea about and what they do. ; I am sure I will be asking many questions over the next (insert creative word for eternity here) to you D7000 users out there as I come across stuff I cant quit figure out.

2. HW

HW Member

congrats John. enjoy it as I know you will

3. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Nice! New toys are always good :)

4. gary

gary Member

this is my camera, there are many cameras like it, but this one is mine. i will protect and cherish my camera, i will read the manual, more than once, until the wheels and dials are like my own flesh and blood.

way to go, we all love upgrades

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

congrats!
    Dont go near any steers around Gary! ; :D

6. goofmick

goofmick Member

Congrats on the new toy.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks everyone! ; I got a chance to do some playing and reading last night and figured out a few things, like I have a command dial for both shutter and aperature (didnt have that before!) ; Gary, I can only thing of Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket!

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Congrats on the new camera!

Good one Gary! ; That should be on a t-shirt or something.

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Gary only you would come up with that.

Congrats on the new equipment purchase.

10. gary

gary Member

booyah, i figured someone would catch the reference, correct, it is a partial from full metal jacket.

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Say what you want about him, Ken Rockwell has excellent online user guides for cameras. ; For a small fee, you can get an app, too. ; Here is his D7000 page: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d7000.htm

Both his D70 and D700 guides got me up to speed quickly. ; I am still weeding my through the thick D700 manual and often reference Ken's stuff to clear out the cobwebs. ; :D

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great Movie! ;

Scott, thanks for the link to Rockwell, I was wondering if there was one, now I can add that to the list of readings!

13. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy.