TMIP Mousefest 2008 (several topics merged)

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by zackiedawg, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Re: Any news for TMIP at Mousefest '08 yet?

I added the first mousefest meet:
    Sunday 12/14 at 245pm at the Noodle Terrace - Photography 101

I hope to add one or two more to the calendat and I am open to suggestions but I am not getting in until Friday night. I was thinking an Epcot Walk Around the World after the Mega Meet would be cool. Suggestions? Send the to me ASAP so we can get them onto the schedule.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Re: Any news for TMIP at Mousefest '08 yet?

Man, I wish I was going to Mousefest. I would love to attend these meets!

3. Tim

TMIP Mousefest Update

Due to a change in work schedule, TMIP will now be represented at Mousefest from 12/11 (Thursday) thru 12/15 (Monday morning). This gives more time and opportunity to host TMIP community events for you, the community members. As of now, 2 meets have been proposed to the MouseFest planning board, subject to approval.

DATETIMELOCATIONWHAT
    12/11/084:30PMTOMORROWLAND NOODLE TERRACETMIP PHOTOGRAPHY 101 MEET
    12/12/0810:30AMTOUGH TO BE A BUG FASTPASS PICKUPTREE OF LIFE ANIMAL HUNT
    12/13/0811AMBEACH CLUB CONV. CENTERMEGA MOUSE MEET

I am open to other possibilities if the schedule permits and Mousefest is for you so fire away on the suggestions...

Mini-Golf and a World Showcase tour have been suggested but raise your voice here and we can see what's possible.
    Are there TMIP'ers that would be up for Fantasia Gardens mini-golf once again this year? We had a great time last year with lots of photo ops...

4. rhinohunter

rhinohunter Member

Tim, I am looking forward to MF2008 and the possibility of a return to Fantasia. Last year's winner will not be able to return to defend her title. Perhaps I will be able to step up to the challenge. I will be at MF from the 13th through the 15th and on till Friday. The evenings of Sat, Sun or Mon would appear to be good.

5. chirurgeon

chirurgeon Member

Tim, I would love a meet at the Lights of Winter, but not on Saturday. Is Sunday a possibility?

Thanks,
    Kim

6. Tim,

Tell me more about the 101 event at Noodle Station, I might actually be able to make that one!

7. Tim

The -101 meet covers all things from how to hold a camera to what the differences between aperture, shutter, and ISO and all things in between. Last years -101 meet was very well attended and was a good time.

8. Tim

Saturday night would most likely be the night for the Fantasia mini golf meet so i am not too sure about that, but anything is possible. Look for an announcement soon, as the deadline is almost here...

9. tootall

tootall Member

I was looking forward to the meet up. Attended one 2 years ago and it was great. I will be down from 12/14 thru 12/9 was hoping to make the original noodlle station date and others. :'( Well maybe can still meet up with some members..
    Joe Too Tall

10. Tim

i checked the planning board schedule and it doesn't look good for a sunday night meet in epcot. lots of other things scheduled from that time.

11. Tim

Re: TMIP Mousefest 2008 (Updated schedule)

Here is an updated schedule- Last 2 are newly added:

DATETIMELOCATIONWHAT
    12/11/084:30PMTOMORROWLAND NOODLE TERRACETMIP PHOTOGRAPHY 101 MEET
    12/12/0810:30AMTOUGH TO BE A BUG FASTPASS PICKUPTREE OF LIFE ANIMAL HUNT
    12/13/0811AMBEACH CLUB CONV. CENTERMEGA MOUSE MEET
    12/13/084:00PMCANADA PAVILLIONTMIP PHOTO WALK AROUND THE WORLD
    12/13/087:00PMLIGHTS OF WINTER ARCHWAYTMIP NIGHT TIME/ DARK RIDE PHOTO DISCUSSION

Mini-Golf not looking so good at this point. Anyone want to try an Osborne Lights meet?

12. Doc

Doc Member

Thanks for the two new events. The walk around the world will be nice, but I am especially interested in the Night Time / Dark Ride Discussion.

13. meyernl

meyernl Member

yes, yes, Osborne Lights please.

14. Hope

Hope Member

Ooh, ooh, Osborne Lights. Yes, me too, please. :-*

15. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Congrats on your first post Hope, although I see you've been registered for quite some time.

Welcome!

16. chirurgeon

chirurgeon Member

I vote for an Osborne Meet too. If we have it Friday, that gives me Saturday and Sunday to try and translate what I learn that night. Please, Please. :-*

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Disney Hollywood Studios has Evening Extra Magic Hours on December 14. More time to photograph all those lights. :star:

18. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Osborne Lights may need to have a restriction on number of people or somehow divide up into groups. I hear it gets pretty cramped in there and smaller pods of people may be a better approach then a Steve Barrett sized throng of Disney fans with cameras and tripods

19. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

The very back by LMA is usually not too crowded and may serve as a good meeting spot then break up in a couple of groups heading in opposite directions.

20. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That's all pretty good news for me - though I may miss the '101' meet this time. I'll be driving up Thursday afternoon, and won't likely arrive in Disney until vicinity of 4-5pm, so not likely to make it over to MK in time. But I'll keep an eye on the schedule in case it bumps back a few hours.

The Saturday night additions are great - I'll certainly be around for the Walk around the world and dark ride discussion.

Any chance of adding in a Maharaja Jungle Trek walk or something similar on 12/12 in AK, since you're already there in the morning? The animal photo safaris can be pretty fun, and last year we did Pangani...so I thought Maharajah might be cool this time. If you've got other things planned - no problem.

Is your Sunday booked? I'm happy to make suggestions or come up with ideas, and to help you out on the tours/discussions if there's anything I can do...but I don't want to intrude on your personal/family time there either! :)

Either way...looking forward to being there again. My Boardwalk waiting list hasn't come through and isn't likely to, so I'll be at Saratoga...I'll be headed up with my buddy Mike who is a photography enthusiast as well, and who hasn't been to Disney in a decade. He's never thought of Disney from a photography standpoint, so it should be alot of fun to show off Disney's photogenic side to new eyes.