TMIP Mousefest 2008 (several topics merged)

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by zackiedawg, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

you can PM me with any suggestions that you have, justin. i am flying solo so have at it...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. rhinohunter

rhinohunter Member

Tim, I willl arriving late on the 12th so my Mousefest starts on the 13th. Put me down for both of your photo sessions in Epcot. I see the dark one is "stationary". This sounds like note pad, camera and tripod for after the discussion. Are you going to have any type of handouts for this meet? Senior moments leave me trying to remember the technical things after they are over. Really interested in how to take pics in the dark rides. Never seem to be able to get anything but blurs. ISO limits in my camera are 200 to 1600. Maybe this is part of my problem. RADP is having a mini-golf at WinterSummerland on Monday evening. I have added it to my schedule. Perhaps you can come to that one. Osborne lights sounds interesting. How would we work the tripods with the crowds?

3. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Love the idea of an Osborne Lights meet! Of course, as others have mentioned, if we have a big group, that may be a nightmare with the regular guests plus all our tripods.

4. scpergj

scpergj Member

Ya'll are making me quite jealous...last year at this time, I had just received my D80, and thought about attending last year, but we had already planned on the following week. Now that we have let our AP's lapse and don't plan on getting them again until next fall, I'm already finding myself needing my WDW fix! (mind you, we were there three times in seven weeks, for a total of 10 park days....)

Hopefully I'll be able to attend in 2009!

Kevin

5. Okay guys, I might be able to make 3 events! And I really really want to learn how to take great pictures (or as my dad says "Im such a freak about it).

Tell me what goes on at these events, what do I need to bring, and how long do they last?

Ill be in Disney (our last night) on 12/11 for the 101 meet and my Dad said my mom might be up for going back to Disney our last night in Florida Saturday 12/13 for the Walk Around the World and Night Time events.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Man do I wish I could be there for these. They all look like they will be so much fun. I can't wait to see the photo's that are captured from these events.

7. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Well, I'm booked at Port Orleans Riverside AND French Quarter for Dec 10-15. All I have to do is register for MouseFest. But, I had to promise my wife that we'd do more than TMIP meets this time

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Don't forget mine! (go to my website in the my sig for more details) ;D

9. Good news.

Ive been watching accuweather to decide what to pack and the weather is turning out to be very nice. Especially the 13th which is the Walk around the World and the Night Time/Dark Ride Photo Discussion!

So as of today (Tuesday December 2nd) (yes i know its early)
    Sunny, High of 82 with a realfeel of 85 during the day
    Mainly clear witha low of 61, real feel of 64 at night.

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

For those not yet there, but still headed there - we're getting closer! Just about this time in 2 days I'll be jumping in the car and heading up (probably through the rain on Thursday) - no biggie for me as I won't likely be hitting the parks or events on Thursday since I'm arriving late. Weather should be cleared for us after that - with mid-to-upper 70s Friday and warming thereafter...nights a little cooler in the 50's mostly. I would have preferred a cold front myself...but that's because it's been warm and sunny where I live pretty much, ah, forever!

For those not making it to Mousefest...shame on you! :)

11. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

And I just rented the 11-16 again!
    Osborne here I come!! :D

12. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Shame, shmame, I get to blame the economy :(

I *will* be there next year!

8)

13. Im out for the 101 meet. Thursday is supposed to be pretty nasty weather wise so were going to the parks tomorrow. I dont have an annual pass (yet) so I dont have enough days to go on Thursday too. But Ill be there Saturday at least for the Walk around the World - havent decided about the Dark Ride met yet.

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

bummer... i am packing as we speak. hope the weather holds off.

15. I know Im bummed too. I even tried to switch tickets with my mom (annual pass) this morning but it made me do the finger print thing so no luck. This whole board is a 101 for me. Ive actually got some decent pictures (about 700) so far I cant wait to show you guys!

See you Saturday!

16. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

If you let me borrow it, I cannot wait to try it on my D300. Or I could just shoot with yours...haha

17. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

We're getting our first snowfall of the season right now.

In Austin.

Yes, Austin.

18. gary

gary Member

just getting ready to leave for the airport, weather channel says t storms moving out by 4pm thursday, at 6pm down to 10% chance for mcvmcp
    signing off now, mousefest here i come