to go back in time

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by mousefan, Jul 23, 2008.

1. mousefan

mousefan Member

Did you ever wish you could go back in time and shoot vacation pics over with the equipment you have now? This is one of those trips for me. 2 week Alaskan cruise. These were shot with a Sony DSC-F717 Cybershot. I forgot these were buried in my Bridge. The first pic of Denali was taken from a moving train. I believe they said we were about 25-30 miles away from the base.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

my trip to cancun (chichen itza and tulum) immediately comes to mind...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Mousefan / Tim - Breathtaking shots by the both of you.

For me it was my first trip to Brazil last year. Fortunately, I got a second chance when I took my 40D on this trip to Brazil. I did not have it a year ago. :)

4. mousefan

mousefan Member

Tim, did you tackle those steps of the castle like Rocky Balboa would?

5. Tim

oh (HECK) no!

6. Tim

The view from the top:
    [​IMG]

7. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Tim,

That was from your honeymoon, right?

8. Tim

yup yup

9. Grumpwurst

I still find it funny that you didn't go to a Disney Theme Park for your honeymoon. That may be the only trip your wife gets to somewhere non-Disney. Unless our wives gang up against us

10. Tim

we went *cough* about six weeks before our wedding... i surprised her with a seven night trip to the dolphin for valentine's day. she had mentioned when we first met that she always wanted to stay there one day.

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Now you do know that DVC is building on Oahu, right?

12. Tim

ah touche!

13. Grumpwurst

I think I overheard the wives talking about just that. I know my wife wants to go to Hawaii

14. Tim

yeah, that would really be a heartbreaker to go there.... count me in!

15. Grumpwurst

Agreed!

16. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

To go back to the original topic:

Jeez, yes:

Horizons before it closed. I didn't know what the heck I was doing.
    DAK when it was a one month old baby. Again, I didn't know what the heck I was doing and even though I had a crop factor lens then, I didn't have telephoto.
    WDW for my honeymoon. A&I lost half my slides that I took on that trip.
    Hawaii: Didn't take as many pictures because I was gunshy about losing the slides.

Just imagine what kind of pics you could have taken 10, 20 years ago with the current digital sensors v. film.

17. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'd even wish I could retake some of my earlier trips even with my equipment from 5 years ago! As lowly as a P&S like the 717 may be next to a DSLR and the right set of lenses, it still would have been a bunch more camera than I had been using from 1997 to 2003 - a 1MP Mavica FD91, with the original floppy disk drive! It was cool technology for the day, but whenever I go back and look at my trips to: New Orleans, Las Vegas, North Carolina mountains, Quebec City, Columbia, throughout the Caribbean, Mexico, and Los Angeles - I almost cry. Little, itty-bitty 1024x768 photos are all I've got from those trips...I actually would have been better off with my film cams, but I was so keen on embracing the new technology.

I've got boxes of photos (and negatives) from 1978 to 1998 or so, taken with my SLRs - but with the cost of film, my lack of skill, and my only-halfhearted interest in photography, I took 1/50th as many photos back then - and most were just with friends or family in them smiling or waving. Fun to have the family memories, but I kick myself when I think of all the places I went and things I have seen that I failed to photograph scenically: England, Ireland, Canada, South America, Mexico, and 24 states of the US, all with a small, half-blocked monument or historical site in the background behind a member of my family. Look! There's the top right side of Big Ben behind Anne's head! Wow! It's the birthplace of St. Patrick there under the left arm of my mother's waving hand! Hey! That's the very top of the highest mountain in the southern hemisphere growing out of Bill's head!

Yep...I've got alot of trips to try to make up with better camera and better skill in hand. Now, just need to win the lottery to pay for all the travel...

18. mSummers

mSummers Member

Yeah, me too... If I had to make a list of the trips I wish I had my current equipment on, the top of the list would be the tour I got of the dome of the US Capitol Building. I'd love to get back in there with the camera I have now...

Photos taken with a Minolta X700 on Kodak Ektachrome E200 Professional Slide Film:

[​IMG]
    http://www.pbase.com/msummers/image/82556284/medium.jpg

[​IMG]
    http://www.pbase.com/msummers/image/82556279/medium.jpg

[​IMG]
    http://www.pbase.com/msummers/image/82556279/medium.jpg

19. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I plan on joining the DVC in time to enjoy the Kingdom tower and Hawaii! ;)