Top Loading camera bag

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by haunteddoc, Jan 6, 2010.

1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

For my upcoming trip to WDW I am thinking of buying a Lowepro Top Loading Pro 75AW bag. ; Looks like it will hold everything I will need for trekking around the parks. ; Anyone have experience with this bag or similar bags or thoughts on using a top loading bag?

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

My former primary bag was the top loading Velocity 9 bag from Tamrac. ; Very nice, although the new version of the same bag is probably a little better. ; It's also a sling bag, so it's possible to wear on your back and then sling it to the front to open without taking it off....

My biggest problem was the lack of space, which I did have the ability to add on to the sides using lens cases, flash case etc....but it didn't have storage for anything else, like a backpack would. ; That's why it's my backup bag now.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I still have my Tenba top-loading shoulder bag as my #2 bag of the 3 I rotate. ; It won't hold nearly enough of my gear for a main bag, but is convenient if I want to head into the parks with an extra lens, flash, some filters, and still have room to squeeze the camera and lens if it rains. ; I had it with me for most of Pixelmania when I brought a bag along. ; My Kata backpack still serves as the main bag that fits everything I own, and my little Tamron video bag that fits just camera and one lens for emergency rain protection.

4. gary

gary Member

my #2 bag of the 3 I rotate