Unplanned Portrait

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by DisneyGeek92, Feb 9, 2008.

1. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Standing outside Wendy's in Kissimmee on a youth group trip one of my friends was standing under a light it looked interesting and I had my camera with me so I took the shot. Turned out kinda cool. By the way how can I straighten it?

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

That is a pretty cool pic. Good color for a parking lot light.

I'm not sure I'd do much to it at all ... it's kind of a unique perspective as is. I like how the subject looks erect, but the background is skewed.

If you've got to straighten, the way I'd do it is in Photoshop, using their straightening tool. It would require you to crop quite a bit, though, and bring the picture in tighter, which might look awkward, since you'd probably have to chop a foot.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Thanks for the comment. You're right the wall is pretty straight I don't think I'll do anything to it.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I'm glad you decided not to straighten it. I think it looks just fine. What makes it is how your friend looks up to put the light on his face. Nice job!

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

here's your straightened pic.... takes about 2 secs to fix...

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

6. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Now comparing the two I think I will leave it. I think it makes it a little more interesting.

7. Dan

Dan Member

That is the sort of thing I need to learn. I'm RUBBISH at working with people. I would never have thought to do that.

I always used to think I just wasn't interested in portrait photography. But I keep seeing all these portraits that I appreciate. I'm realizing that I just don't know how to do it.

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

dan, that might be your shortest post ever.... ;)

9. Dan

Dan Member

There were tangents I could have gone off on, believe me.

10. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

That's really my first try at portrait photography.

11. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Yup. I was right. Looking at it straightened, it's much more interesting in the original version.

12. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

It wasn't planned so I felt weird telling him to stand a certain way or too look up or at me or away from me. I need to get someone to actually be a model for a day so I can practice.

13. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Lol. That's why I had kids !

Just kidding. Plus it's much cheaper just to hire a model.

14. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

nice job geek.
    This shows you should always have a camera with you.

15. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Thanks. I always have my camera with me wherever I go.

16. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Here's another one I took. Taken on the same youth group trip as the previous one.

17. tkdgrl247

tkdgrl247 Member

This is True!!! he ALWAYS has his camera, but i cant really talk either :D

18. tkdgrl247

tkdgrl247 Member

wow, this is a really good pic!! nice job geek!! haha