Walls Down at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Soft Opening Soon?

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by John Frost, Apr 17, 2014.

1. John Frost

John Frost Global Moderator Staff Member

I'm hearing rumors that more walls are coming down from around Seven Dwarfs Mine Train tonight. I wonder if that means soft openings will start soon?

Sean likes this.
  2. Ooh! Not sure, I'd love to be able to do the soft opening. I'm going to have to check with my friend to see whats going on. I'll post back soon! :D

3. Sean

Sean Administrator Staff Member

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

I saw on twitter that they started to come down yesterday. Not sure to what extent, but some of them have come down

5. Hoping it will be open for the 24hour event in May

6. John Frost

Latest word is that operations training is complete and training for regular cast members can begin. That means we could see Cast Member previews starting sometime later this week... could see, is the operative word.

7. OMG I wish I were there! I'm excited, it looks like we'll be making a trip to the World in October or December... or both!

CAN'T WAIT

8. 00003

00003 Member

Looks like it. We have to get our eyes closer as they are eyeing to surprise their audience and keep them thrilled, none other than us. I can't keep my mind out of it even for a second, I am just so fired up. I wish I could be there whenever it's gonna open and be among the first fans to experience it and broadcast to the world how fun is the new fun.

9. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

All right! We won't be there until around Christmas-time, since that's when we take our annual trip, but I hope it will be open for you guys soon! (and for us in December, haha)

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I haven't heard anything at all about passholder previews. I know that they were filming a new commercial there earlier this past week with riders on the ride, so we should be hearing something soon!

11. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

Just saw on Twitter from several sources that all of the walls are now down. They are posting pictures of the queue and entrance as well!

12. John Frost

Just a heads up, the current rumors are that there is still work to be done. So my question to you is, if Disney has a ribbon cutting for an attraction, would you expect it to be open to the public afterward? What if it remains closed for weeks while work continues?

13. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

In my opinion, they shouldn't have the ribbon-cutting until it's completely finished and ready to open to the public..that's the whole point of a ribbon-cutting, right? :) Otherwise they're going to have some very disappointed guests....

John Frost likes this.
  14. John Frost

Quick update: I've heard the same information from two sources now (although they could be getting it from the same source, so YMMV). SDMT exited test-and-adjust just in time for the media preview. They're now having to train multiple shifts of cast members on operations and safety procedures. Evac is a bit of a challenge due to swinging nature of cars. There's a fix for that, but it requires some extra training. As soon as they feel training is sufficient, they'll start putting the ride into regular operation mode. Of course, it will help having some actual riders for the roller coaster, so at that point Cast Member and AP previews may be scheduled. One source said they don't know if this will happen until the last week before May 28th (ie, during the 24 hour day for APs), the other source was a tad bit more optimistic. The end result is the same, training is ongoing. No official word on CM or AP previews, let alone soft openings.