Walt Disney World is now experimenting with the concept of “Premium Parking”

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Northern Sorcerer Mickey, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Walt Disney World is now experimenting with the concept of “Premium Parking” now by setting aside the best parking spots at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex and charging $5 for them. Keep in mind that parking is currently FREE at the Sports Complex, and according to Disney, it will remain free. They are just experimenting with the concept and taking guest feedback. Of course following the same line of thought, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Premium Parking show up at the theme parks in time for the busy winter holiday season… which is unfortunate since I think Disney may have been one of the last big park chains to not give in to the stupid concept of premium parking.

2. amw

amw Member

Hhmmm... ; I heard awhile back that Disney was contemplating doing away with paid parking and just raising the pass prices for all. I thought that was silly because they raise the pass prices annually anyways ; ;) Maybe they'll do the premium parking instead ... and the rest of the spots become free. Speaking as someone who doesn't stay onsite, I'd be happy with free parking at the parks ; ;D

3. What I think should be done (this goes for anywhere) is that you get stopped to pay for parking you should have the option of paying for your passes at the same time (or at least have a queue with that option). It does not make sense to line up twice, once to park and once to by tickets.

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

They should call it "Magical Parking".

Surprised parking fees haven't been eliminated altogether so they can ad a few dollars to every ticket sold. This way generating revenue from every ticket sold. Currently no revenue form parking generated form the guests staying on site.
    [​IMG]