Well, well....lookie what I got! :)

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by ArnyVee, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Member

[​IMG]

Woo hoo! Now, tonight I can start to check it out in detail and start reading the manual. :D

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Congrats!

3. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Member

Thanks Roger :)

Now I get to have the fun....well, after reading the manuals and getting used to the 'next level' of photography, that is :D

4. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Excellent! ; 8)

5. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Congrats! Got to love the euphoria of exploring with a new toy :). Looking forward to seeing the pics.

6. gary

gary Member

so we assume you will be working that hardware hard at pixelmania??

7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Member

Thanks guys! :)

Yes Gary, that thing is going to be put to work at Pixelmania (looks like it's getting closer to reality for me to go at least one and maybe two days! :D ) ...that's for sure :D

Any tips for a newbie? Should I simply follow the manual and 'how to' guides to the tee? You know that us guys don't like reading the instructions...so, I'm just making sure that I have to ;)

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Yes, read and re-read that manual over and over again. ; It helps. ; Congrats on the purchase. ;)

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Yes, the manual is good. ; However, this guy will cut through some of the jargon and give examples of how to set up the camera. ; Gives some good starting settings which you can then tweak to your liking.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

Have fun!

10. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

11. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I also recommend going to Nikon's site and downloading the PDF manual. ; It makes it a lot easier to find something that you know is in the manual but is not in the index.

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Congratulations!!!!

Camera manuals are something I actually read too!
    There are so many options to adjust the camera to you, that I feel, I have to read the manual to make sure I get everything I can out of the camera.

I like this site a lot too:
    http://www.nikondigitutor.com/index_eng.html

13. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Member

Great suggestions on the 'how-to' guides! I'm reading the Ken Rockwell one now, but I'm going to check them all out. :)

14. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

Congrats! Have fun with it. I just experienced that feeling of euphoria last week when I picked up my 50D, so I know what you're going through right now!

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Great site, Craig. ; They even have older models like my D70 still. ; Will have to investigate it later.