What is the first park you head to?

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by weemcp, Apr 26, 2014.

1. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

On our honeymoon it was Epcot (we arrived mid afternoon, got settled and explored the hotel and then felt there wasn't enough time to start at MK)

Family trip in 2011 we started at MK

Trying to decide where to start on the next trip. We will be arriving late afternoon, and I am not sure if we will head to a park our first day or not. Our first FULL day is a saturday, so I am wondering if we should hit up one of the other parks first instead of MK...although I would really like DS2 to have his first park be MK.... we will definitely book Crystal Palace for an early breakfast whatever day we visit MK, so do you think it would still be ok to start there on a Saturday? Or should we do DHS and then do MK on a monday?

Feel free to tell me if I am way overthinking this.....

2. iTinkSo

iTinkSo Member

As long as you are there at park opening and head straight to Fantasyland, your family should be fine visiting MK on a Saturday. It shouldn't be too crowded in January, plus, you can take a break when it gets crowded and walk back to BLT.

3. We would tend to agree with iTinkSo. Heading to Fantasyland right at opening is a good plan. With that said, if crowds are your main concern, Monday's are the best days to visit MK.
    This site: www.wdwprepschool.com is a great resource for planning almost everything WDW.

Hope this helps.

4. StaLock

StaLock Member

Since I have been to Disney World a few times in my life my family and I always started at Epcot. No idea why, but that is where we always started. I think that we should have started at Fantasyland also, it is the easiest way to transition into the other parks. It's not like you will run out of things to see/do.

5. Youtuber1320

Youtuber1320 Member

I have always started at Epcot as well. Me and my family always have a good time when we are at Epcot. Every trip is a new experience and no two trips are the same ever. I just got back from my 7th trip and can't wait to go back!

6. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Member

I have been to Disney World 14 times in my life time and the first park I always head to is the Magic Kingdom. And the first attraction I visit is the Hall of Presidents. I am lucky enough that my step father lives in Orlando and works for Disney. He has the silver pass so I can get in free when ever I visit him. And he gets a discount on dining and merchandise.

P.S. My mom and my step dad have been divorced for 17 years. But I still consider him my dad.

Greg

7. mariposa

mariposa Member

EPCOT is my favorite park to start our Disney adventures. We usually arrive when the park opens and then find things to do until we can get into World Showcase.

I love World Showcase and I'm always sure to try a different cuisine for meals. When it comes to shopping... oh please just turn me loose! I usually have a goal like buying chocolate from each of the countries that offers it. (Can't help it, I have a tremendous sweet tooth!)

Love the rides, love the attractions... and the food, and the shopping. I want to live at EPCOT!

8. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44 Member

It depends on what we have time for and what we haven't been to in a while. I want to be able to experience all I can as quickly as possible. However, if I have unlimited time and could choose anything, nothing beats Disney's Hollywood Studios! I love the old-timey atmosphere and the references to classic movies I know and love. The Great Movie Ride is my favorite.

9. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

We usually start with MK..I have no idea why, but it's become a tradition. Our order (again, no idea why): MK, Epcot, AK, DHS, and then on the last day we choose which one we want to go back to (unless we're staying for a long trip, then we spend a couple days at each and go to Downtown Disney and everything too.)