What was your First Disney experience like?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sean&Karen, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

My very first trip to Disney I was 23-24, and had always wanted to go! The night before we decided to take the Ferry across the lake so I could get the full picture of the park, with the castle in the background. As we walked up to the ferry, it started!!! The Disney World Goosebumps!!! I had them all down my arm and on the back of my neck. It was a little windy that day so as the wind blew across my arms I had a chill of excitement. I couldn't believe I was here... I Sean was at Disney world! I think I pinched myself to make sure it wasn't a dream!!!

When we got on the ferry we went to the front of the boat so we could see the Castle and park as we got closer.... I was so excited, the only comparison would be a 8 year old boy trying to get some sleep on Christmas eve.

As we walked off the ferry and headed to the gate I was in Awe. I was paying close attention to detail, looking at the bricks on the ground, the train station and the Monorail that I have always seen in commercials.

As we entered the park it still didn't hit me that we were at Disney world, until I saw the main street leading up to the castle. Right before main street there is a bench where you can sit down and look down the road to the castle, I sat down on this bench for about 5 to 10 min (which at the time seemed like 1 hour) and that's when it hit me! I WAS AT DISNEY WORLD!

A big sigh of relief came over me, a kind of calmness, like I had completed a life journey.... From that point on I was hooked.. I had the Disney bug, and there was no stopping me!

That is my very first experience to Disney World.....

Oh if your wondering what happened after the bench... well I am not sure, because once I got up, I was an 8 year old kid again!

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

My first Disney experience was very memorable. ; I remember Sean (his second time) walking down Mainstreet with me and we seen that the castle show was about to start. ; We managed to get close to the castle and as soon as I seen the first Disney character come out, it hit me and I started getting teary eyed. ; I was in Disney World. ; A place I never in a million years dreamed I would ever get to. ; In 31 short days I will be there again and already just thinking about being there makes me want to cry. ; I can't wait to go there for our honeymoon. ; Try out the new rides, smell the Disney World air, see the characters and have my husband by my side. ; ;

3. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

My first Disney experience was on our honeymoon! ; My husband used to go with his parents as a kid, but it had been about 12-15 years since he had been there.

As soon as we boarded the shuttle at the airport, I was on the edge of my seat. ; I felt like a little kid waiting outside a candy store for it to open (felt that way when I was in the confectionary at the magic kingdom too!)

I was just in awe of everything. ; When we went to Magic Kingdom the next day, I was mesmerized....I think I (at 25) enjoyed it more than a few of the kids we saw! ; The best part of the trip for me was just being away with my husband; but besides that, having breakfast with Eeyore (my goal for the trip was to meet him - - and I did!)

4. highland3

highland3 Member

The best moment was when we were standing at the rope-drop at MK. ; As the opening was getting underway, I was starting to cry... overwhelmed by the feelings of "holy cow I can't believe I'm really here". ; I looked over and saw my wife was having the same challenge.

The whole trip was soooooooo much fun and it went by sooooo quick!

5. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

Just bumping up for more responses!

6. My first WDW experience was when I was in my mid 20's just after my grandmother had past away. My mother and I decided we need some time away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.

I will never forget my first walk down Main St. it was Magical.

It is now an obsession with me and can never get enough of the house the mouse built. Oh yeah and Walt

7. WDW Donna

WDW Donna Member

My first trip was when I was 7, (wow that is 30 years ago!) I remember waiting for the boat and thinking it was so big to carry all those people. I remember meeting Robin Hood and Friar Tuck. The Friar stole my hat and I thought it was the funniest thing. I also had to take the chicken exit on Space Mountain because I did not realize it was a roller coaster until the end of the line.

8. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

That is quite funny. ; I had Flick steal my cookie bag with a cookie still inside when we were in Animal Kingdom. I still get a kick out of that. ; He posed and everything so I could get a picture too.

9. blusk

blusk Member

My first Disney trip was our honeymoon. ; I didn't really want to go at all. ; My wife had gone with a friend when she was in university. ; She tried to convince me to go for years. ; I finally said we should go after we got married. ; She spent our whole first trying to convince that I was having fun, and I was. ; But it didn't "hit" me until we got back. ; I'll never forget the night we watched wishes on my first trip, she was crying as we watched. ; I started thinking back and remembering all the really neat stuff we did and saw and I knew then I was hooked. ; I think it was about 2 months after we got back that we booked our second trip. ;