What's Waterproof, Weatherproof, Shockproof, and has Three Headlights?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Tim, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

From B&H Insights...
    Click here for entire article

"...The Pentax Optio W90 elicited an immediate ‘oh-jeeez-I-gotta-have-one’ reaction from me the moment I laid eyes on the press release. With an inadvertent nod to the rubber bumpers that ‘graced’ 1975 MGB roadsters, the black, grippy edges of the Optio W90 help the camera withstand ; impacts from heights up to 4’ from the ground. It's also dustproof, freeze-proof, and submersible down to 20’. ..."

[box title=Pentax Optio W90]Click the camera to check it out at B&H. ; Way, way cool! ; I would love to own one of these if I didn't have the G10 with the waterproof case. ; The specs on this camera are pretty awesome as is the price, clocking in at a very reasonable $329.95. ; Check it out today!
    [​IMG]
    [/box]

2. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

For our trip to WDW this week I got the new Kodak Play Sport. ; Water proof to 10 feet, shoots 5 MP stills and 1080P video onto an SD card. ; Fits into my shorts pocket. ; Very handy especially at the pool.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

That is very cool. ; Wish I had it 9 years ago in Hawai'i.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

This is a neat little camera. ; Nice price too!

5. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Oh. ; You can have the Kodak for $150.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Re: What's Waterproof, Weatherproof, Shockproof, a

Some quick specs:
    12.1 Megapixels
    Rugged, Shockproof, Coldproof
    Waterproof Up to 20' (6.1 m)
    5X Wide Angle Zoom (28-140mm equivalent)
    Large 2.7" LCD (16:9 Aspect Ratio)
    Digital Microscope Mode-LED Lighting
    Advanced Pixel Track
    Shake Reduction
    Face Detection (Up to 32 Faces)
    HD (720p) Movie Recording

click in the first post to check out more!

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

That is a rockin little camera.

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

that is really cool!

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very cool. ; I still want a waterproof camera. ; I use WP cases a lot, and that's always sufficed...but now that the newer waterproof cams are getting smaller and smaller, you can actually find some that don't even compromise on compactness anymore (older ones were fatter and bulkier than their non waterproof kin). ; I must admit to being a bit partial to the Sony TX5 - being as how I have a TX1 at the moment and the TX5 is essentially the same thing but waterproof, shockproof, and temperature hardened. ; And considering the fact that it's still chest-pocket slim (not just pocketable, but well-and-truly POCKETABLE) it's awfully tempting (Sony didn't go for any obvious "I'm waterproof and I'm shockproof" design...it looks exactly the same as their standard ultracompact). ; The Pentax looks pretty cool - nice and gadgety-looking - reminds me of my Casio G-shock watches.

10. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Nice. ; I have a Pentax W30 that's still going strong. ; This has a much more rugged look to it though- and is rated to go twice as deep under water too.