Which events are your bringing your tripod to?

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Donald is #1, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Donald is #1

Donald is #1 Member

Hi everyone! ; Since the schedule is out now, I was wondering which events people were thinking about bringing their tripod to?

From first glance, I will be bringing my tripod to:
    ; - ; Ft Wilderness Alternative Meet
    ; - Illuminations

That list also means that I may have my tripod with me during the day on Thursday and Friday.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

osborne lights... although it is so bright you may be able to handhold quite a bit of it.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

MK Night, and like Tim said: DHS night.

Monopod for Fantasmic! at least, and probably during the day at AK...

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'll have mine for the night events. ; I've shot Osborne handheld at high ISO with good results, but this year I want to try low ISO and use a tripod.

Maybe we should start a locker sharing thread so we don't have to lug the darn things around all day.

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Tripod is coming to-

Wed- Animal Kingdom Pre-Event Meet
    Fri- Illuminations- and World Showcase after until I get run out
    Sat- Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours
    Sun- Osborne Lights if I make it- although I shot it handheld last night and it was so crowded I could not imagine fighting the crowd with a tripod

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Pretty much all the night events. ; World Showcase EMH walkaround for sure, as well as the Epcot resort area afterwards.

7. Paul

Paul Member

I'll probably be bringing it every night as well.....really tempted to buy a more portable tripod :-\

8. gary

gary Member

i always leave the resort strapped up, so it'll be with me each and every day, although i do the locker thing during the day so i'll do locker sharing if anyone wants, although what do they get for a stroller, that'll hold all the gear for 3-5 of us,

9. Donald is #1

Donald is #1 Member

Hmmm, stroller to carry gear...That is an interesting idea. ;

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

11. zackiedawg

I'd be up for the Epcot locker share too - since I'll probably be at Saratoga Springs instead of Boardwalk, which is too far to schlep back to grab it mid-day. ; I'll probably be at Epcot that whole day, so the locker is easier.

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I'll just do what the experts do. ;)

13. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

lol! good answer!

14. gary

gary Member

jeff, this is pixelmania, all you need is some caffeine and the will to conquer, we'll bring and share the knowledge

15. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

gary sez: ; it's PIXELMANIA! ; you can sleep on the plane!

16. gary

gary Member

you got that right

17. zackiedawg

Though your feet may go to sleep long before your body does. ; ;)

18. Paul

Paul Member

Yes...I can vouch for that from Mousefest last year, my feet were HURTING. ; Better shoes this year!!

19. zackiedawg

Me too...that's why I mentioned it! ; I was just about worn out by the time I got to the Epcot World Showcase walkaround - I had been at DHS from 9am, lapping the park twice, then walking to Epcot by 12pm where I went around World Showcase and futureworld before coming back around to meet TMIP at Canada, and doing it all over again! ; I had a friend with me that hadn't been to Disney in a decade, so I was running around like a...well like most families run around at Disney! ; It was all I could do to find a rail or bench to sit on while we did the stop-n-talks.

This time, I think I'm doing Pixelmania more like I do my normal Disney trips - lots of relax time and slow time in between the actual meets. ; I've got noone to be responsible for, so if I want to grab a lakeside table in Mexico for an hour and have a Margarita (or three), I can!

20. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I'm used to marathon days so i should be up for it, but we shall see.