Which events are your bringing your tripod to?

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Donald is #1, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

I may have to join ya, for a margarita, if you have an extra chair at that table.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

ah, yes... ; a world of delicious libations for all to enjoy. ; me likey.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

What about the tequila bar?

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

the tequila bar was a happening joint the past two trips.

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Indeed...so much so that I didn't get to sample last time. ; I haven't seen how vast the selection. ; But I'm picky on tequila...this is the one I want to see there:

[​IMG]

Nothing smoother. ; Period.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I LOVE Tequila! ; I would really like to at least take a look there, but more than likely take a least a shot there! ;)

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'm looking forward to trying some "real" tequila there. ; I normally buy the cheapest stuff I can find when I make strawberry margaritas.

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

sounds awesome!
    I know Dina is planning on some time at the dawa bar on the AK day!

9. zackiedawg

Oh, well you KNOW I'll be at the Dawa bar. ; That's a given!

10. gary

gary Member

from todays orlando sentinel

Walt Disney World this week hiked rental prices for some frequently used items by between 11 percent and 60 percent.
    The price of renting a small locker in one of the resort’s four theme parks climbs from $5 per day to $7 per day, up 40 percent. A large locker jumps from $7 to $9, a 29 percent increase.
    The price hikes are steeper in Disney’s two water parks. Small lockers rise from $5 to $8, up 60 percent, and large lockers rise from $7 to $10, up 43 percent.
    Meanwhile, the cost of renting a wheelchair goes from $10 per day to $12 per day, a 20 percent increase. And the cost of renting one of the resort’s electric scooters goes from $45 per day to $50 per day, an 11 percent increase.
    Disney says the refundable deposit charges for wheelchairs and scooters haven’t changed.

11. Paul

Paul Member

FYI: When I was at MK for Mickey's Not So Scary, my tripod did not fit in the lockers there (I'm told some of the other parks have larger lockers), but they have a process where they tag & store your tripod (or anything else you don't want to carry all day I assume) and charge you $5 (if I recall correctly). ; Once you pick it up, if you want to store it again it is another $5.

12. zackiedawg

Ouch...big price increases, relatively speaking!

Paul...I'm surprised your tripod didn't fit - I've managed to get my tripods in MK lockers in the past, even my old, clunky, heavy, long steel one years ago. ; Did you have too much other stuff in the locker too? ; Because with my old big tripod, I used to have to run it diagonally from front lower left to back upper right...meaning stuff had to be put in the locker around the tripod. ; Still, it fit. ; if you had a duffel or cooler or something that took up additional room, that might explain it. ; Or you have a mighty big tripod!

13. Paul

Paul Member

I was surprised too since the last time this topic was discussed, someone posted measurements for the lockers at MK and I thought mine would fit, but no dice. ; My tripod measures around 27"-28" folded with the ballhead in place.

The lockers they had me try looked pretty small, and they were located to the right just before going under the railroad tracks.