Williamsburg Snow

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by mSummers, Jan 26, 2011.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

Snow in Williamsburg is somewhat rare[nb]meaning when they do get it, there is either a dusting or it melts by the end of the day[/nb] but snow in December is even more so. ; When I found out it snowed on 12/26, I knew I had to drive down there and I'm glad they didn't get anymore snow than they did. ; The highways were cleared off, but apparently the municipalities are using a new green snow removal system, solar. ; Apparently no one in Virginia knows how to drive in the snow either which made for an interesting drive to the hotel.

Anyway, here are a couple of the shots:

Weatherburn's Tavern sign

[​IMG]

Raleigh Tavern

[​IMG]

The Milliner and the Silversmith

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mSummers

mSummers Member

[​IMG]

Tarpley's Store

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still working on the photos from the trip... hopefully I will have more ready tomorrow.

3. HW

HW Member

been there twice but always in the summer. Snow makes it look even better and great shots Michael

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Really nice shots Michael! ; I love that one you took at night!

5. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

I agree - that night shot is sweet!

Good on ya for taking advantage of the opportunity.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks guys! ; Here's two more:

Governor's Palace twilight:

[​IMG]

And here's the reason I went, to shoot the Wythe House through the arbor at the end of the garden:
    [​IMG]

The shot is only possible during the winter for about two hours when the sun is far enough West to illuminate the back of the house but high enough in the sky that the trees behind the Bruton Parish Church don't cast a shadow across the garden. ;

Technical Info: ; 3 SB800 flashes set to manual and shooting at full power to light the inside of the arbor and 2.5 hours in Photoshop removing the footprints of the one idiot who walked up the path in the middle. ;

7. HW

HW Member

that palace shot is terrific

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Howie!

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Both really special shots!!

10. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

Good work on the Wythe house! At first, I thought you shot an HDR, but wasn't sure. Looking at how you did it - well, it was worth the drive.

And I love that time of night like at the Palace for shooting these kinds of shots.

Good work!

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks guys!

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Awesome shots Mike, I especially like the night shots

Yet another Incredible poster.

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Jeff!