You all would appreciate these...

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by ColleenMarie, Dec 13, 2008.

1. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Hubby and me attended the Battle of Iron Works Hill in Mt Holly NJ today...

the Jail and the Courthouse were open for tours and the battle went right down the middle of town. Tomorrow, I have him taknig me to Batsto Village for a Victorian Christmas festival...

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/Mo ... =slideshow

2. amandazen

amandazen Member

Nice shots. I really like the reflection shot you started your slideshow with. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Very cool. I've never been to a reenactment. I guess we'll have to try this some day.

4. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Amazingly this one was in the next town over from mine. Hubby brought home the paper yesterday and the reenactment was on the front page. Someone here did a Christmas Carol kinda shoot and I really wanted to try to shoot this. Tomorrow I get to do Dickens type reenactors :)

Thanks Amanda - and hubby laughed at me for it.

I took that getting out of the car.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I will be driving right through Batsto Village tonight on my way to work. I am working out in our Hammonton office. It's funny how close we all live, yet seem so far away from one another.

The reflection shot is a great shot, but I really like the canon flame shot that you got. Nice job on all of them.

6. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Batsto is about a half hour ride for me...not too far but, far enough where I've never been there. Hubby has~ Following the canons was tricky and cool. I had to take a ton of shots to get that one of the canon actually firing. They don't use ammo but I could feel the blast, it moved my hair and some kind of debris falls after each shot. I was told to be careful by the "Hunter" (the guy in brown in one of the portraits.)

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The cannon should still be just gunpowder and aluminum foil; I did reenacting for 1 year in the early 90's as part of a British Artillery group.

[​IMG]
    From my five seconds of fame using the reenacting for a movie extra gig

8. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

That's so cool Roger!

Batsto has some great old architecture. I was disappointed that I wasn't allowed to take pics in the Mansion. The restoration of it along with the Christmas decor is very nicely done.

I'll post that slideshow later...

I just went back edited a couple pics in the Mt Holly/Battle set. The redcoats at the end look better without so much road down front. There was one or two other minimal croppings. I am very happy with how they all turned out :)

9. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Cool Roger - what movie gig?

10. Roger

The Broken Chain with Pierce Brosnan. It was a made for TNT movie special, and it was filmed a few weeks after they finished filming Gettysburg, so a lot of the extras worked on that too. The costumes were all from The Last of the Mohicans, and the drummer in the shot worked on that one too.

11. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

That's so cool Roger! Really cool 8)

John (my DH) wants to see a Gettysburg Battle. We really enjoyed the reenactment and he knows theirs is gonna be way bigger if not better.

Looks like I'm going to Gettysburg this July :D

12. Roger

Make sure to do some research on Gettysburg; The NPS has in the past considered the entire site to be hallowed ground and so the reenactments have been off-site. In fact I think the movie was the only time there has ever been a reenactment on location (not every location) for Gettysburg.

13. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member