2 billion and counting

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sean&Karen, May 4, 2006.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I was reading this Article and figured i would post it over here. Why why why wasn't i at Disneyland at 9:02 am on may 2nd. I can only blame myself ; ;D

----------------------------------------------------------

12-Year Old from Colorado Springs, Colorado, Receives LifetimePass to Disney Parks Worldwide

Anaheim, Calif. (May 2, 2006) - - At 9:02am today Disneyland lived up to its reputation as “The Happiest Place on Earth” as it welcomed 12-year old Emmalee Mason of Colorado Springs, Colorado, as she became the honorary two-billionth guest to visit a Disney Park (nearly the combined populations of China and India).

Amidst a blast of colorful streamers, musical fanfare and a parade of congratulatory Disney characters, Emmalee was whisked away to Disneyland’s iconic Floral Mickey for a special ceremony. Surrounded by her family and familiar Disney pals, Emmalee seemed to be in a simultaneous state of shock and delight, repeating astonished sets of “Wow!” “Wow!” “Wow!”

In commenting on the day’s ceremony, Jay Rasulo, chairman of WaltDisneyParks and Resorts, stated: “This is truly a highlight of our continuing global 50th anniversary celebration. The world over families use words like ‘magical,’ ‘dreams,’ ‘wonder,’ and ‘imagination’ to describe our five destination resorts around the world and now thanks to Emmalee, our honorary two-billionth guest, we can add the word “Wow!”

Andrae Rivas, the 2006 Disneyland Resort Ambassador, presented Emmalee with a giant golden key and a lifetime pass to all 11 Disney Parks around the world at such distinct locales as Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan, Disneyland Paris Resort in France and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort in China (which opened in September 2005), in addition to Disneyland Resort in southern California. As an added surprise, the entire family of 10 (Emmalee, her mom and dad, Mike and Michele, five sisters, one brother, plus a baby on the way) also received lifetime passes to Disney Parks worldwide.

Rivas also gave Emmalee a one-of-a-kind proclamation designating her as the honorary two-billionth guest to visit the Disney Parks over the past five decades. During her special day Emmalee received a private photo session with her family and Mickey Mouse, an exclusive tour of DisneylandPark and Disney’s CaliforniaAdventurePark, a special ride on the Matterhorn Bobsleds with Mickey, and was feted as Grand Marshal of Disneyland’s 50th anniversary parade.

“WOW! I’m in shock . . . I’m so happy!” exclaimed Emmalee. “I am just so surprised . . . I didn’t think that I would be the 2 billionth guest . . . this kind of stuff never happens to me!”

“Two-billion guests means two-billion lifetime memories that have been made and shared with friends and families at Disney Parks around the world,” said Rasulo. “A visit to a Disney theme park, whether in California, Florida, Japan, France or China, remains a vibrant and universally embraced experience passed from generation to generation.”

Citing the two-billionth DisneyPark guest is just one of the highlights of 2006 as the global 50th anniversary celebration of Disney Parks around the world continues. Throughout the year each Disney resort will unveil more new innovative attractions and spectacular entertainment designed to appeal to guests of all ages with immersive experiences that only Disney can provide.

Congratulations Walt Disney on sharing your dream with 2 billion guest!!!