A spur of the moment detour

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by BorisMD, Apr 17, 2010.

1. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Here's where we stopped for lunch on the way to visit our daughter at my Mom's on LongBoat Key. ; It was a spur of the moment stop, and we like to frequent places that we don't have at home. ; This place was in Lakeland, Florida.

It's not a great photo, but the burgers, fries, and peanuts were great.

[​IMG]

Regards,

Boris

2. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

Boris we have that around us...very good but OMG you'd have to walk a week in Disney to burn off the calories contained in that burger and fries...1100! ; :eek:

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

we have one too, but we havent eaten there yet. it always smells so good!
    everyone raves how good it is!

4. Ryan

Ryan Member

I'll trade one of the 3 Five Guys in my area for a Sonic!

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

We have them around here too. ; The burgers are really good.

6. Paul

Paul Member

We have one at Patriot Place and others are popping up. ; Great burger and fries. ;

7. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

I've found that the key to eating at places like that and staying relatively thin is to order one burger and share it. ; In fact, we eat out quite often, but always only order one entree and split it. ; Otherwise, it's just too much. ; Heck, half the time, we don't even finish the split meal.

Sonic is around here, and I like them too, I just like to find something different on vacation.

Regards,

Boris

8. Ryan

Ryan Member

I'd say thats sound advice

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

The food is great but it ain't cheap, for sure. ;

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I am a sucker for Philly pretzel factory. ;

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Philly Pretzel factory Rules, but ; I gotta say that Five Guys is WAY better then Sonic, IMHO. ;

12. goofmick

goofmick Member

Five Guys get my vote as well, however, nothing is better than the local dive for a great burger.

13. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

They opened up a Sonic last summer and for the first 3 weeks you couldn't get into the place. The line actually spilled out 10-15 cars deep into the highway. Now you can get in there at anytime during the day, but I have not eaten there yet.

14. mousefan

mousefan Member

I vote for 5 guys. ; The Sonic's here in Columbus are horrible.