Aperture 3 only $79.99!

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Scottwdw, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

With the opening of the new Mac App Store today, Apple is selling Aperture 3 for half price at $79.99. ; I do not know if this is a grand opening special or the new price of A3. ; This is a bargain for this kind of photo management and editing software.

2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

As of now, Aperture 3 is being listed as the highest grossing app in the Mac App Store. ; It's no wonder, with more than $100 knocked off the box price, photographers are probably snatching it up.

Unfortunately, since I'm following the Dave Ramsey plan for budgeting and have already alloted all my income for this month, I'm going to have to wait and get it next month unless I find $80 in the seat cushions somewhere. ; So, I'm hoping this is a new price and not a "Grand Opening" special

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

All indications are this is the new price for Aperture 3.

Check out Pixelator, too. ; It's a PhopShop-like photo editor for only $30. ; It's been described as 80% of Photoshop meaning it's got what most people use in a Mac interface. ; The developers will have version 2.0 out later this year and it will be a free update for anyone buying Pixelator through the Mac App Store.