Apple sneaks OS X Lion: Your Mac turns into an iPod

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Roger, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Should be interesting to see how it really works out.

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

They slipped in an update to Aperture, too. ; It's now at 3.1, use Software Update to get it.

4. Paul

Paul Member

I believe they are try to capture what they have learned from the iPad (not iPod) and feed that back into the desktop experience. ; I am happy to have options and glad Apple continues to innovate.

Need to check out the new MacBook Air, looks fantastic.

Might be time for me to check out Aperture again, but it would have to be outstanding for me to switch from Lightroom.

I did install Facetime for the desktop which will allow me to connect with my wife's iPhone 4.

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Did you previously look at A3 or A2? ; There probably hasn't been a huge change since 3.0. ; However, I think iLife '11 is showing a hint for perhaps another interim release, like 1.5.....

6. rcampbell

rcampbell Member

I have been using the mac os x lion for about 2 weeks now and I think that it is not a much needed upgrade from the snow leopard as there are even better components at SNL compared to lion.

Though the addition of the launchpad and the mission control were really notable. ; With launchpad making the synergy between iPads and iPods to mac computers all the more near.

It allows the same interface with browsing through your applications. ; Though the big change with the trackpad can prove to be confusing to a lot of users.