Best Age For Taking Children To Disneyland?

Discussion in 'Disney With The Kids' started by Streak, May 4, 2014.

1. Streak

Streak Member

My family does not have tons of extra money. And my son is almost 18 months old. I don't want to invest tons of money into an amazing experience when there is no chance he would remember it. My son is also taking baby steps in the development department. I think he should be walking/talking a little more than he does before I even considered going.

What age do you think a child would likely remember even bits and pieces of the trip?

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

I remember a tiny bit from my first trip at age 3 - I distinctly remember watching the train roll into Main Street Station. I remember a lot more from trips at age 5-7. If money is right, I would recommend waiting a until he's a little older.

3. Anna Ramsey

Anna Ramsey Member

We have waited for our trip that is coming up next year. My son will be just about four and my daughter will be eight. My husband was four the first time he went and he can tell you all about it. We have had the chance to go before, but I, like you, did not want to spend all that money on a family memory that my son would not remember. I can't wait. Like I said, my husband has been before, but this will be the first time for us and both the kids. I have to agree with mSummers. If the money is right, I would wait until he is a little older.

4. Streak

Streak Member

Well I definitely do not have the money for it now. And I want it to be a memorable experience for the entire family. :) 4-5 years from now should give me a lot of time to work out the finances and save money to go without putting a stain on our family. Which is great for everyone! Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

I think I'll shoot for 6-7 years old.