Disney announces Fastpasses to meet Mickey Mouse

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by CameraGirl, Feb 24, 2011.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

by Leah Zanolla
    Feb 23, 2011

Disney Parks Blog announced yesterday that beginning this spring, Walt Disney World will offer a Fastpass to a meet-and-greet with Mickey Mouse. Due to the closing of Toontown, Mickey will soon be given a new permanent home; the current Exposition Hall will be converted to the Town Square Theater.

Just like Fastpasses currently available for popular attractions, guests will be given a specific one-hour timeframe in which to return for a photo op with Mickey, allowing them to avoid the regular queue. The Fastpass system has become immensely popular since its inception, but has never been used for character greetings.

Imagineers are currently working on the new Town Hall Theater, which will be more than just Mickey's new hang out. As seems to be the trend when attractions are reimagined, Mickey will have an interactive queue for visitors to enjoy. While Fantasyland is under construction, Town Square Theater will be where the Princesses greet guests as well.

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

This is good news for parents for sure. ; They really should have done this years ago! ; We took a 10 month old and stood in line for at least 45 minutes. ; Trying to entertain her while we wait was a bit difficult and I know the line can be longer so a fast pass will at least guarantee that you see Mickey within a certain time frame.

3. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I can definitely see this bein popular! We were lucky, we seemed to find the characters almost as soon as they were there. The longest wait we had was about 10minutes - but most were less than 5

4. definitely good news - but I still think best way to meet is at character meal - you get a break, fed, and an autograph all in one shot

5. MinnieMouse24

MinnieMouse24 Member

Any idea when this will be up and running? I'd love to try it out next month :)

6. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I believe to Meet Magician Mickey they now have the fast passes up and running. ; If I remember correctly I posted information about in the news section on the home pages of disneymagic.ca