Disney Movies/Moments That Made You Cry

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Streak, May 5, 2014.

1. Streak

Streak Member

I do not care how old you get or how many times you watch it... There are just some moments in some movies that make you shed tears every time you watch them.

I saw Toys Story 3 in theatres and it made me bawl like a baby.

And I think it is safe to say that Lion King makes everyone cry.

Fox and the hound anyone? Another one that makes me sob, not sure I would want me son to watch that one until he's a little older.

2. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

Yes, Lion King makes me cry every time single time I watch it. I cry the most when his dad dies. When he finds him and tells him to wake up I get some emotional. I do not know why this movie in particular touches me so much emotionally.

3. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

It never used to, but whenever I watch Beauty and the Beast, and I it's at the end when Belle whispers, "I love you!" I start bawling. My boyfriend took me to the musical back in January as our 'monthaversary' (we're corny like that!) and at that moment, he whispered to my ear that he loved me and knows that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. So now, I get shivers and completely cry every time I see that specific clip.

4. dandeliion

dandeliion Member

I feel like every Disney movie makes me at least tear up! "When She loved me" from Toy Story 2, though, always makes me bawl.

5. Jeremy Gilkes

Jeremy Gilkes Member

Mufasa's death in the lion king even now. That will always make me teary eyed. I've watched the lion king so many times. It's still a fantastimagical movie. I love that movie, I was really sad when Mufasa died.

6. isabbbela

isabbbela Member

There are so many! Disney has been cruel to me over the years, and make me cry so much. The Lion King has the worse classic crying moment when Moufasa dies. I also cried my eyes out at The Fox and The Hound when the lady abandlns the fox... I cried when Lady was kicked out at Lady and the Tramp. I could probably cite 100 other times I cried at Disney movies except don't remember them all!

7. PvtParts

PvtParts Member

Why hasn't the famous montage scene from Up been mentioned already? Say whatever you want about the whole movie (I think it's great), but there's one thing nobody's debating about and that's the emotional resonance of seeing that profound little story play out!

8. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

Definitely Lion King and Up, and the end of Pocahontas for some reason always makes me cry (I pretend the sequel where she sees John Smith again does not exist.) I think it's probably a combination of the gorgeous music and the amazing art that makes me cry at that part!

9. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

QueenElsa I forgot about UP! Just the part where they flash back to his life with his wife gets me teary eyed. When she gets sick and can no longer walk up the hill, I just breakdown inside. I cannot believe I forgot that one because I remember sitting in the movies with my nephew and think wow this is really sad!

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

The three I can think of are:

Up, the beginning where we see Carl's like with Ellie

Toy Story 3, when Andy plays with the toys with "cant remember girl's name."

Frozen, when she sings Let it Go, but I think that has something to do with a recent death in our family.

11. firelily99

firelily99 Member

Bambi and Lion King would be the biggies. Bambi was so sad, my niece and I wept through it. It took a lot of ice cream to cheer us up afterward!

12. DavitosanX

DavitosanX Member

The Lady and the Tramp, when Lady is taken to the pound, and they put a dog to sleep. Just remembering that scene makes me sad.

13. Streak

Streak Member

Ahhh! Same as some of the other people. I completely forgot about that movie! It made me bawl! It was such a cute movie. I got my grandmother and mother to watch it and it made them bawl as well. :) Such a cute cute movie!

14. Anna Ramsey

Anna Ramsey Member

I have a few that always make me cry.
    In the Lion King: when Mufasa dies and Simba is trying to wake him up.
    In Up: The montage of Carl and Ellie's life together.
    Toy Story 2: Jessie's flashback.
    Toy Story 3: The Incinerator Scene and when Andy drives off and leaves Woody and his favorite toys with Bonnie.

15. g2narat

g2narat Member

Oh mine is a scene from Lilo and Stitch. It's that scene where Lilo and her sister are saying goodbye to each other. I just can't help but cry when I see that scene. It's so sweet and heartbreaking.

16. megara

megara Member

Yes! I always cry about this! I was in the grocery store this past month and they played this song on the radio. I seriously teared up right there haha.

Like everyone else said Lion King makes me cry every time the dad dies. It's just too sad! If I ever feel like I need to cry but the tears won't come, watching the Lion King always does it!

17. terryp

terryp Member

Toy Story 3 was pretty close to being a tear-jerker. The scene where the toys are about to go into the incinerator is very powerful. Even though we all know in the back of our minds that they will get out of it, it was done masterfully. It really tapped into those emotional cords with me. Bambi was a really sad one. I think I cried as a kid on that one.

18. JGPangi

JGPangi Member

That exact scene, I swear. I had to pause it and walk away for a while.

And no one's mentioned this yet, but the scene in Wreck-It Ralph where he destroys the car made me cry. And when he recites the Bad Guy credo near the end? I cry during those two scenes every time.

19. StaLock

StaLock Member

I would definitely go with Mufasa dying in The Lion King, so sad. Simba was so small and thought it was his fault. Then he leaves after that and doesn't have any idea what to do or where to go. I felt so bad and still feel bad for the little guy whenever I watch the movie.

20. Edware

Edware Member

There was a pretty epic part in Brave that made me cry, but I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember what that part was anymore. It's been a while lol. I just remember that it made me cry.