Disney Visa

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WestWind, Jul 21, 2009.

1. WestWind

WestWind Member

So I know the Disney Visa card is with a bank from the USA therefore it is not available in Canada, but do you think there will ever be a Disney Visa card for Canadians? ; ; How can we let Disney know we want one?

2. highland3

highland3 Member

This debate has quietly raged for years.

Whenever we're at WDW, there are always hints and suggestions that some Canadian bank is about to introduce a Disney Visa... but that's as far as it goes.

Rather than Disney... try suggesting it to your bank. ; Hey, it's worth a shot!!! ; :)

3. realfam

realfam Member

Hhhmmmm Disney Visa...... ; Would love to have one, but have given up hope of ever seeing it here in the great white north. ; Chase bank has it in the US and it has always been rumoured to be coming soon, but nothing ever materializes. ;
    Until it does, I'll stick to my travel Infinite cards....

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Disney Visa coming next year...since 2005.

[​IMG]

5. scratch

scratch Member

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well..............I overheard that it was coming! ::)

6. realfam

realfam Member

I have Disney all over my Visa..................except there always on the statement side for hotels, shopping, DVC, parks food etc.... ;D ;D ;D

7. right there with ya! :)

8. WestWind

WestWind Member

So I did send an email to my bank about getting on board with a Disney Visa. ; Here is the reply:

Thank you for your suggestion regarding a Disney VISA card.

We welcome comments and suggestions about the content of future upgrades to our online services. Communications such as yours help us to determine areas which require our attention.

Your remarks have been noted for review with the Internet Banking team.

9. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

That's just the "polite" way of blowing you off ... Disney Visa for Canadians have been coming since before i put up this site. Every year i ask and every year they say within the year.... With my new RBC Infinite card that i just got like 4 months ago we have enough points to fly round trip from Calgary... Just wish i got that sooner

10. scratch

scratch Member

Until Disney changes their provider in the States, it won't happen here.

Chase = VISA in USA
    Chase = MASTERCARD in Canada!

11. WestWind

WestWind Member

Ya, the bank reply I received was just a nothing reply ... but at least they replied. ; I went to the Chase Canada web site and see they have both MasterCard and Visa in Canada including branded Visa cards such as Best Buy and Marriott. ; I can see why a Canadian Disney Visa card may be challenging to set up and administer given it involves two different countries and exchange rates, rules, etc. but there has got to be a way. ; I was going to contact them by email but no email address posted on their site - I may send them a piece of paper.

12. scratch

scratch Member

It could happen!!!!

Cdn CM's are no longer considered International.........so it would seem then next logical step! ; May take a few more years.............

13. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Wonder if that means they can stay longer then a year and work in other locations

14. scratch

scratch Member

No, this has nothing to do with WDW only the DS! ; Would be nice though!