Downtown Disney & Marketplace - winter

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Mar 15, 2007.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well, I knew I had to take some more Downtown Disney photos when I posted my last set - and I did in December and January:

Marketplace:
    [​IMG]

Sunset over downtown Disney:
    [​IMG]

Dusk with lights coming on:
    [​IMG]

House of Blues on a very cool, quiet morning:
    [​IMG]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Those sunset shots are pretty. The one of the House of Blues is a really neat shot. Nice work.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Thank you. I particulary love the winter up there...the light is just sublime, and the temperatures are great for all-day walking around.

I even felt a little chilly (that's very rare for me, as I'm still in short sleeves well into the low 40s)...I had walked from Saratoga over to Rainforest for dinner, and was sitting on the lakefront patio - I was the only person out there, except for the pretty young waitress who was working the patio. It was around 48 degrees and breezy and the air was crisp. The sunset shots were taken from my table at Rainforest. The waitress was very cold (native Floridian), and was lonely back there, so she was very happy to have someone willing to sit outside - she sat with me since there was noone else back there, and shared some hot appetizer and coffee to warm up, and we had a great chat. I had to keep telling myself she was just being friendly to the old guy since it was so dead out there...did I mention she was very cute? But at 19 to my 38, reality kept interfering with the fantasy. I have been back 3 times since, and she always recognizes me and stops by for a hello (prompting my friends to giggle, wink, and elbow me like we're back in high school).

See...betcha didn't know a huge story was attached to the photos! ;)

Thanks for the comments.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Just as long as you get to keep living the dream. ;) I will hopefully be living there next year and I will get to experience these wonderful times of year just as you do.