eastern carribbean, magic, 5/13-5/20/06

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by gary, Nov 10, 2006.

1. gary

gary Member

here's a small sampler from our may cruise on the magic, eastern caribbean 7 nights
    we cruised last year for the first time on the 4 night mousefest cruise, fell in love with cruising, did easter magic in may and booked inaugural 11 night med cruise may 07 on our 3rd day aboard the magic
    the 2 show shots are from the walt disney theater, amazing how they can sing and dance while on a moving boat

gary

2. gary

gary Member

here's the show shots

3. gary

gary Member

anybody spot the carribean touch we adopted for the cruise,
    marigot is the port on the french side st. martens

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

looks like you had a blast, gary. nice 'dreads.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. gary

gary Member

and we have a winner folks, dreads came off in july, just too hot for long hair this summer
    is this the right spot for cruise photos, i have more if anyone wants to see, don't want to hog the bandwidth
    gary

6. ilene

ilene Member

Nice photos! Some day I hope to experience a Disney cruise.

7. gary

gary Member

towel animals

just a quickie taken of one of the towel animals on our bed each night, made by your room steward, different each night, i wish i hadn't been so tired every night and had put a little more effort into better technique, had to correct a mighty nasty color cast in these
    don't ever go on a cruise thinking you'll be bored or catch up on sleep by napping all day, so much neat stuff happening we fell into bed exhausted every night
    gary

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

8. joedisney

joedisney Member

Gary these are wonderful images, you have sold us on going on a Disney cruise!

9. gary

gary Member

thank you, i found myself waking up around dawn so i would slip out onto the veranda , took this at dawn approaching st martens, tried not to put horizon line dead middle of image, but wanted a fair amount of sea to draw the viewer to the island outline, jury still out on if i like this or not, this one just screams out for some velvia action, did what i could with layer and levels
    c&c welcome at any time
    gary

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

10. gary

gary Member

st thomas, a little wide angle, canon 10-22, i really need to get deeper into the potential of this lens
    gary

11. gary

gary Member

butterfly farm, st martens
    hard to capture these little critters,very diffuse lighting under the netting that's overhead, they move a lot
    gary

12. gary

gary Member

sphinx maybe?

13. gary

gary Member

charlotte amalie harbor, again from high atop paradise point, pricey pina colada in my hand at the time, but a warm breeze blowing, sitting in the shade and a nicely talented musician doing a buffet song eased the sting of the bar tab
    burning to dvd's tonight so i'm bingeing on the postings, got a feeling i'll need the hard drive room for mousefest
    gary

14. gary

gary Member

land crab captured on castaway cay by our kayak tour guide, she grabbed at least 3 that we saw, she takes them home to cook and eat
    job perks
    gary

15. I see Davey Jones ???

16. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

Great shots Gary! I hope to be taking one next year.

17. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

hey gary, f8 and be there?

18. TinkAttitude

TinkAttitude Member

i have some novice pix from the largest guest stateroom onboard the magic from an eastern caribbean last july... please feel free to critique!

19. TinkAttitude

TinkAttitude Member

a few more...

20. TinkAttitude

TinkAttitude Member

and the last 2