Favorite Disney song?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JGPangi, May 10, 2014.

1. JGPangi

JGPangi Member

There are few songs that remain in your memory more than the ones you learned in childhood. To this day, I remember the complete lyrics of 'The Bare Necessities', 'I Wanna Be Like You' and 'Trust In Me'. Those songs were what really made the movie for me.

What's your favorite song by Disney?

2. foodietr

foodietr Member

I love Lion Sleeps Tonight which was featured in Lion King. The rhythm is too good and the song takes me back by twenty years.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Tough call - there are a few different levels of 'best' in my mind, but three that stand out for different reasons to me are:
    'Baby Mine' from Dumbo, which can still make almost anyone break down crying in seconds in that film - so for pure emotion and connection to the story, that one ranks up there.
    'Kiss the Girl' from Little Mermaid for me just has such a beautiful rhythm, melody, and tune that it sticks with me even outside of the movie.
    'A Pirate's Life for Me' from the ride, because probably more than anything else it just brings back all my visits to the parks since I was a kid, and it was always a favorite tune and favorite ride, west coast and east coast!

4. Dez97

Dez97 Member

One of my favorite songs from Disney would be from the Disney movie camp rock...sorry my generation lol. it would be a tie between the song Tess sang at the end of camp talent show or the song Demi lovato sang. i just love that movie, and those songs are always the ones that come to my mind every time I think about Disney.

5. kdenean

kdenean Member

I couldn't tell you what my favorite is now, but as a child I was definitely pretty obsessed with "Go The Distance" from Hercules. I did full productions of it in my bedroom!

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

My go-to Disney music is from the parks:
    1. The current Tomorrowland loop
    2. The Innoventions loop.
    3. The Tomorrowland loop from the early 90's
    4. The current Epcot entrance loop
    5. The International Gateway loop

7. urRei

urRei Member

If I were to choose just one Disney song, I would choose Reflection from Mulan. I can relate to the whole song. It's talking about how you see yourself and how others see you, and the struggles of keeping up to society's expectation. I know everyone can connect to this song as well, especially the women.

8. Park music: Main St USA. You're listening to the old soul of the parks here.

Other music: When You Wish Upon a Star. I currently have 9 different versions from jazz to pop to classical. Quintessential Disney.

It's a Small World (as annoying as it can be) is genius in song form. Those of us that went to the parks as children have that tune locked in our hearts somewhere deep.

9. kinary

kinary Member

I think its called "True to your Heart". Its from Mulan. Mushu sang it in the movie; 98 degrees (I used to love them and I might have actually shed a tear for Jessica and Nick, but we're not gonna talk about it) and Stevie Wonder did a version for the soundtrack. And that song from the end of Toy Story, " You've Got A Friend in Me", I thought that song was beautiful and very moving.