Frozen Fireworks

Discussion in 'The Magic In Pixels.com Featured Content' started by Tim, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    THE PICTURE OF THE DAY, 9/2/2014 “Frozen Fireworks” The Frozen Fireworks explode high above the Kingdom of Hollywoodland in this special themed fireworks show, featuring the music of Frozen. The Frozen Fireworks were the one offering of Frozen Summer Fun that I was really looking forward to seeing during our past trip to Walt Disney […]

The post Frozen Fireworks appeared first on The Magic in Pixels.

Continue reading...

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

OK, now that's cool! I need to read up on these special event things...if that's still going while I'm there later this month, I would like to try that very shot. I see it's down the Boardwalk path a bit. Looks like it's still on when I'm there - that might be my Friday night plans after I check in - hit DHS then head out for the fireworks shot.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Justin, it is father down the path than you might think, I was surprised as to how far away from DHS I was when I shot from here last month.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

It's right on the hard curve to the left if you are walking from Boardwalk to the Studios. PERFECT vantage point with NOBODY around!

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Yeah, you've got to go almost all the way to the underpass to get a beautiful shot like this. Nice job, Tim.

6. zackiedawg

That's about what I was thinking - before the underpass, at the second big bend away from the entrance area. I'm very familiar with that path, because I stay at Boardwalk often, and walk to DHS a lot. I'll be at Saratoga later this month, but I'd still like to try this shot - may walk back to Boardwalk and catch the Downtown Disney bus from there to walk back to Saratoga.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That was the best part, no hassle with crowds or "protecting the tripod" issues like in the park. I also shot from Echo Lake and that was pretty easy as well.

8. zackiedawg

One more question - looks like you ran a 15 second exposure...did you already know the show well enough to know when to hit the shutter? Having never seen it, and probably not getting the chance before I get there, when approximately in the show do you get this type of 'finale' sequence? It looks like fireworks start around 9:45pm, correct?

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I can say that I did not know the show at all and my shots will show it. The beginning of the show is stuff on the stage, so the fireworks dont really start at 9:45, but closer to 9:50. Olaf will show all the people who did the "tag along with Olaf" on the screens and then the fireworks begin shortly after that (if I am remembering correctly). I am sure there is a YouTube video of it as well.

10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Sounds very similar to how they did the Symphony in the Stars fireworks in May: Stage show, pictures, then fireworks.