Is Disney is using emotional branding through sound?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Eleanor.Nicholls, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hey,

I would love various opinions on this for my dissertation? I am currently studying Sound Design at the NFTS. Thank you have a lovely day x

Is Disney is using emotional branding through sound? If so how/why are they doing it and does this create an emotional connection?

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So a couple of things... First I went to Wikipedia to get a definition on "emotional Branding" and then saw this in their description... "An example of this would be the family values and essence of childhood and bonding portrayed in Walt Disney World Ads.". Second, it's obviously not specific to Disney but I'm sure that as with everything else they do, the are at the top of the pack.

That being said, I think all their music in general creates a emotional bonds. After all, that's what all music is supposed to be about. For me, the best example was/is as follows. A number of years ago I was able to spend some time at Disney with my parents. One night we attended the Wishes Fireworks together. It got to the point where it said that all our dishes can come true. That part became very emotional because my mother had just started chemotherapy and we weren't sure how it was going to go (she has been cancer free for many years now). But I remember making that wish that it would go well, not knowing if it might be the last time I would get to Disney with my parents. Now, every time I hear Wishes I go back to that time and that memory.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Best part of your response Jeff? Your mom is cancer free for many years now!!!

RedOctober25 likes this.
  4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

And here I was wondering if this is a spam post.

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If it is, then I fell for it... But no links to other places, so figured why not.