Just wondering if this is a good deal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by chellebelle, May 2, 2006.

1. chellebelle

chellebelle Member

I got a quote from my AMA store for my trip to Disneyland in October 2006

I was just wondering if any of you could tell me if this is a good deal or if I should shop around some more

All these prices are not guaranteed until booked and paid in full. I checked all these prices again today for you:

Flight from Calgary to Los Angeles - September 30th/06
    Flight from Los Angeles to Calgary - October 8th/06
    $429.66 including all taxes and service fees per person

Transfers from LAX airport to Anaheim hotel - $32.00 per person round trip

8 nights at Tropicana Inn, Anaheim (Deluxe hotel room - 2 queens or 1 king)
    $901.60 CAD total including all nights and taxes

Southern California City Pass - $192.00 US (no transfers) OR $319.00 CAD (with transfers) per person

RBC Deluxe Package Insurance (if you bought everything above including Southern California Pass with transfers) $92.00 per person

Total Price Per Person: $1323.46 CAD (if you bought Southern California Pass with transfers)

Any info you can give me I would appreciate it thank you!

2. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Whenever your planning a trip like this you want to check around for the best price, never just go to one company and ask them. In the past I have noticed AMA to be generally more expensive then other places out there. In the Wal-Mart by me they have a Thomas Cook Marlin Travel and they are always offering deals for family of 4 (1,800-2,100), so if your party is two I am sure they can make you a better deal!

Also with the American dollar being so weak, you might want to check Disney's web site directly I know they were offering a family of 4 a 6 night/7day vacation for around 1500. Then all you would need to do is catch a shuttle from the Airport to Disneyland.

basically, don't settle on one travel agent. Call around and see if you can find a better price or maybe something else included. If you need Disney Tickets, check out our Specials section. I listed a couple of top web sites that sell tickets. And again with the American dollar being so weak it helps us out a lot.

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I really am not sure if that is a great deal or not, but now you have a quote you can take around other a few other travel agents and see what they can get you for the same amount of money. ; You may be surprised.

4. Treelo

Treelo Member

And don't forget to check with CAA! ; We got a better price through CAA than going direct to Disney for a package and then booking our own flights and transfers (we did the do-it-yourself thing before... not our cup of tea ;) )... because they offer the same packages as AAA, who have some kind of 'partnership' with Disney... plus we got some nifty extras (like a 'free' dinner, and a discount card that saved us a bundle on souvenier purchases). ; I'm not saying CAA will have the best deal going, but they should definitely be on your list of places to check with (I don't think you need to be a member to book with their travel agents)