Kouzzina is closing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PolynesianMedic, Apr 16, 2014.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I was going through my Google plus thread and saw that Kouzzina is closing in September of this year. Has anyone eaten here? Is it worth trying to get in before they close? What are your thoughts on it closing?

2. John Frost

John Frost Global Moderator Staff Member

I ate here for Breakfast recently and very much enjoyed it. I'd return if it weren't for the prices that are just a bit outside my budget.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I ate lunch there once when it first opened. It was okay, worth trying once if you are in the mood for something different.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Was OK - but didn't stand out for me as one of the better Disney choices. I actually liked it better when it was Spoodles, to be honest. I'd love to see something with good homey American/Italian food, personally - fits in with the NJ/NY Boardwalk theme, and there are far too few (essentially none) good NY Italian type places to eat on property.

PolynesianMedic likes this.
  5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I never ate there. We walked in just before they opened, and snapped a few pics. I'm kind of surprised how short of time they were there.

6. gary

gary Member

i too liked spoodles better, and would wish for a return of a western med themed (greek/italian/french riveria) cuisine restaurant. spoodles was always one of our favorites with a visit each trip for the years it existed. besides the everpresent threat of another plush shop/princess meet & greet, any rumors as to the use of the space?

7. Not really sure about this restaurant. I didn't go out of my way to eat there. I'd like to visit before it's closing, but it's not really looking like I'll be able to do that.

8. firelily99

firelily99 Member

I thought that overall the food was good but the prices were too high. Plenty of restaurants offer the same thing so I'm sure that something else will pop in to replace it.

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I haven't heard of any rumored replacements as of yet, but the next time I am there I am going to ask around a little and see if I can't come up with some more info.