London

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Jul 20, 2015.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I will post here my shots from London. Boy did Momma Sue find a great hotel with an amazing location. First floor of the hotel? Yup, a pub! And a 45 second walk east got us to this

[​IMG]Westminster Abbey by John Wolff, on Flickr

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Great stuff so far John. I just got finished going through all of your posts, from Paris to Normandy to Disney to London. Looking forward to seeing more from each site. Must say your London location looks pretty nice! Sounds like you're in the St. James area of London - that puts you close to pretty much everything - Big Ben, House of Commons, and 10 Downing St just a bit north of you.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks!!! You are correct Justin, we had at best a 5 minute walk to St. James Park, maybe 7 mins to Big Ben and 7 mins to Buckingham Palace. I did make a walk to Tower Bridge one night to take a few shots of it, turned out to be a 7 mile round trip, legs thanked me the next day!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yeah, Tower Bridge would be a bit of a hike from there. But at least it's all safe walking area there along the Thames. London has changed quite a bit since I lived in England! For one thing, you used to be able to afford a place there...now even the slums where you didn't walk at night alone are million-dollar neighborhoods.

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Isn't there an English law that says every building must contain a pub? (Kind of like the American law that says every building must contain a Starbucks.)

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I believe that would seem correct, at least I felt that was how it was! ;)

Here is one from the end of my 7 mile walk at night

[​IMG]Across the Thames by John Wolff, on Flickr

7. ddindy

Very nice. Kind of reminds me of the area outside of Diagon Alley in Universal. ;)

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Dennis!

My father and I picked July 10th to watch the changing of the guard. We come to find out that the Queen was in residence that day. Then a gentleman named Richard Clouston, who was from New Zealand. He said he was just here for the planes. So I said, what planes? He said that July 10th is the anniversary of the beginning of the Battle of Britain, and today was the 75th Anniversary. There would be a flyover of 4 Spitfires, a Hurricane and some Typhoons. It was our lucky day. Here was our view of the Palace as we waited. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

[​IMG]Buckingham Palace by John Wolff, on Flickr

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Here is the Queen and Prince William (and other royals I don't know)

[​IMG]The Queen by John Wolff, on Flickr

RedOctober25 likes this.
  10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

11. ddindy

Nice to see the the old birds in action. The planes are nice, too.

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

LOL!!

Here is the Spitfire and a Typhoon, the Typhoon was flying JUST above stall speed so he could "keep" up with the Spitfire.

[​IMG]Spitfire and a Typhoon by John Wolff, on Flickr

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

My father and I went to the 72nd floor of the Shard, I believe the tallest building in Europe (or Western Europe at least) and it offered great views of London. Here is the Tower Bridge...

[​IMG]High above the Tower by John Wolff, on Flickr

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Chernabog1940 likes this.
  19. Chernabog1940

Chernabog1940 Member

St. Paul's Cathederal

[​IMG]